MrPete

Which ship excites you?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship excites you?

• Carnival Sunshine
    • NCL Breakaway
    • RCCL Quantum of the Seas
    • None of the above

Sunshine...no way it's an old ship that's getting a makeover....

Breakaway - yes ship looks nice and entertainment will be awesome with fireworks at sea, Rock of ages, and live bands.

Quantum without a doubt is the winner in this group....Music hall will be outstanding.

You didn't include the ship that really excites/interests me, and that's NCL's Getaway....home port of Miami. That will probably be the one we choose maybe next year!

Aside from the port it will sail from, there is likely to be little difference between the Breakaway and the Getaway so Getaway should be equally exciting for those who voted for Breakaway. The same can probably be said about Quantum and Anthem. In contrast, Sunshine(Destiny) looks to be more of the "same old, same old" with little in the way of features that could be described as "exciting".

I don't know much about the Breakaway since I don't really follow NCL news. So this is really a two horse race for me. My choices are a seventeen year old ship that they're refurbishing and touting as "new"; or a real "new" ship with all its accoutrements.

Not a tough choice. The Destiny was pretty crowded in some areas before, I'm skeptical that they can add even more people without causing problems. Time will tell.

Things must be getting tough when Carnival's "new" ship can't win a "how excited are you?" pole in its own forum.

Things must be getting tough when Carnival's "new" ship can't win a "how excited are you?" pole in its own forum.

You think this poll in the carnival forum is just carnival cruisers? 50% non carnival cruisers.

Sent using my Commodore 64

I am most interested in Sunshine because that's the one that I'm booked on. The amenities of QotS (that abbreviation makes it sound like a Klingon ship) sound extremely interesting and I would like to sail on her, but the cost that she will have will probably be such that I wouldn't be able to afford to sail on her, thus making me not really interested. I've ignored much of the hype surrounding the Breakaway--does that mean I'm definitely not interested in that ship?

You think this poll in the carnival forum is just carnival cruisers? 50% non carnival cruisers.

I figured that a poll asking which ship we are most excited about, in a forum dedicated to discussing CCL, would result in the Carnival ship drawing a majority of votes. Just as I would expect the Breakaway to draw the most in the NCL forum, or the QoS to win over on the RCI boards.

Maybe I'm deranged, but I just assumed that the CCL area of this site would have the biggest concentration of CCL fans. I've never cruised NCL, DCL, HAL, and many other lines, so I don't visit their forums. I guess I'm one of the 50% that doesn't pay much attention to the lines that I don't cruise.

And you pulled that number from where exactly?

Maybe most people don't have blind loyalty to one brand and can see that other lines offer great ships too. The your posts are so biased that no one takes anything you say with any real validity.

And you pulled that number from where exactly?

Maybe most people don't have blind loyalty to one brand and can see that other lines offer great ships too. The your posts are so biased that no one takes anything you say with any real validity.

A scientific study. Read any thread with just the slightest hint of negativity and the others show up in droves. I only sail Carnival so my posts on a Carnival board about Carnival are very valid. Unlike the hate filled over the top ones posted by some kids.

I figured that a poll asking which ship we are most excited about, in a forum dedicated to discussing CCL, would result in the Carnival ship drawing a majority of votes. Just as I would expect the Breakaway to draw the most in the NCL forum, or the QoS to win over on the RCI boards.

Maybe I'm deranged, but I just assumed that the CCL area of this site would have the biggest concentration of CCL fans. I've never cruised NCL, DCL, HAL, and many other lines, so I don't visit their forums. I guess I'm one of the 50% that doesn't pay much attention to the lines that I don't cruise.

Many Carnival folks ignore this stuff. It gets tiring reading the same shtick over and over. Read any number of threads and see the direction they go in due to others.

This poll, and many like it, is like asking Democrats what they feel about the job Obama is doing. Then allowing Republicans, Conservatives, and right wing radicals to vote.

Yawn.

This poll, and many like it, is like asking Democrats what they feel about the job Obama is doing. Then allowing Republicans, Conservatives, and right wing radicals to vote.

Since when is that like cruising?

A scientific study. Read any thread with just the slightest hint of negativity and the others show up in droves. I only sail Carnival so my posts on a Carnival board about Carnival are very valid. Unlike the hate filled over the top ones posted by some kids.

It just gives one the inability to compare Carnival to anything.

Kinda like someone who only eats burgers at Jack in the Box thinks it's the best burger out there. Worse, then saying "It's the best burger out there".

Sunshine is not even close to the same caliber of either Breakaway or Quantum. It really shouldn't be included in the same poll. ;)

But if Carnival corp ever decided to pull Costa Concordia out of its ongoing sea burial and give it a facelift, it would make a much more even comparison to Sunshine. :D

I picked none of the above.

I at one time thought I'd be fired up about taking a fairly expensive cruise for us -- still middle range -- not talking a luxury ship (thought it sounded cool to sail on the biggest curise ship in the world and was intrigued by all the postive reviews and wow factor reports related to RCCL), and I had more than normal budgeted for one of our vacations (about $7000) for three of us (usually my budget for a one week vacaton is more in the $4000 - $5000 range for everything), so this was a trip that I'd be able to book a balcony on the Allure or Oasis (slightly higher end vacation in normal). Note: Balcony looking over the ocean is a big deal and I really don't even have an interest in cruising if that's not part of the package. The bottom line was that I couldn't bear to part with that much money on a cruise and go to ports that I had been to before. Just seemed like a waste to spend that much money when I can for cruising do something that I'm satisfied with for much less money. I couldn't get myself to book it. More into the simple pleasures of being on the ocean and ports than the wow factor when it came down to speinding my own money. // Still decided to do a higher end vacation than normal with my family, but rather than a cruise decided on a land vacation for a week in Kauai, HI. // I could maybe spend more on a cruise if it was going to be a really unique nature experience like going to the Galapagos. (Although that's not something on my bucket list or anything like that either.)

Obviously, Sunshine is the bestiest, best best ship ever made and it just happens to sail for the bestiest cruise line ever - sis, boom,bah - rah, rah, rah:D

On the other hand maybe it's not fair to compare new ships to a "new", or newly remodeled, ship?

Seriously though, I'm sure Sunshine will be very nice, just not as interesting as the other choices IMO.

As for me Quantum has the most interest because it is debuting some unique features (sky capsule, sky diving attraction, & bumper cars for example) and is sailing out of NY.

Archived