HAL in Dubai?

elusive_23

IIRC, the World Cruise has been known to stop there. Perhaps you could book a segment when that is a port?

Check the Rotterdam to Asia cruises on the Rotterdam. It's possible that Dubai may be a port on one of those.

Dubai is not otherwise a routine port for Holland America.

Has HAL ever sailed to Dubai and does anyone think there are plans in the future to do anything in that area?

I want to go there but really do not want to go to another line!

The Rotterdam called in UAE this past Jan on the Far East Cruise - overnight in Dubai on the 31st and then a day in Abu Dhabi on the 2 Feb. Two beautiful ports to visit.

On checking next years routing for the Rotterdam UAE is not included. :confused:

Has HAL ever sailed to Dubai and does anyone think there are plans in the future to do anything in that area?

I want to go there but really do not want to go to another line!

Why not try another line? Variety is the spice of life:)

Otherwise, if Dubai is somewhere you really want to visit, try a land holiday as you def. need more than one day. It also makes a good 2 centre base with Sri Lanka, Maldives or other countries.

Thank you for all your responses!

I will have to watch the itineraries and hope that it shows up again. I would think I would need more than a day there but would be flexible on hours if it means I get to take a HAL cruise.

I have been looking at other cruise lines (Costa, Seabourn) for this port but am having a hard time booking something other than HAL.

Thanks again!

We were interested in cruising the Middle East but found HAL had nothing there. With some trepidation we booked the Costa Atlantica for a price so inexpensive, it felt almost free. After reading everything Cruise Critic had on the ship and area, we knew we'd need to adjust our expectations. Turns out we LOVED it. The decor was outrageous and over the top, definitely not for those who like mellow, but great for photos onboard. The food was quite good with a big variety. The cabins were immaculate and roomy, the crew friendly. We were the only 2 Americans on the ship which had mostly Europeans. The ports were all super interesting. We did our own thing ashore during the cruise, then booked an extra week with a local agency that included hotel, many meals and touring. We would absolutely recommend the cruise and felt totally safe walking around on our own, riding local transportation and doing everything from dune surfing to going up in the tallest building in the world. As most flights get into Dubai very late at night, we booked a hotel near the airport for 2 nights before embarking. When disembarking, the ship lets passengers remain onboard until time for the late night flights to depart, very accommodating.

Having been to Dubai, I have to say a short stop on a cruise ship would be a torturous tease. If you seriously want to go to Dubai, first I highly recommend it, second make sure you stay there at least a week to be able to take it all in. Its one of the most beautiful and pristine places Ive ever been. Anything you can think of is right there for the taking. I just cant imagine being dropped off a cruise ship there and being told I had to be back on board in 8 hours or less. Torture!

Archived