Carnival Liberty Eastern Review with photos

First off, I think it's awesome your husband had a Red Sox shirt on almost every day!

Enjoyed the review. I went on my first cruise on the Glory in Jan and had three of the four ports you did (no HMC for us, we had Nassau). I enjoyed the Bushwackers in St. Thomas and the stray kitties made me miss mine. Can't wait for my Sunshine cruise next Feb!

LOL! I'd say about 75% of his wardrobe is Red Sox shirts! :)

I'm on the Glory in June with the stepkids! It's just to Canada, but at least we don't have to pay for airline tickets.

is that you mentioned. Is it one that you have to access thru the hallway of a cabin floor? Thanks in advance.

Yes, we went through the hallway with staterooms on the Lido deck, port side, and there is a door at the very end of the hallway that leads to the secret deck. There are also stairs that lead up to the Panorama deck. That is where SIL was when I took a pic of her looking down at me, taking a pic of me.

Edited by lovestocruise19

Thanks for the review and info. We're sailing the liberty in December and I planned on using sas instead of the carnival shuttle. Looks like I'll look into a private car or carnivals shuttle.

Is the behind the fun tour worth the money? I'd love to see the bridge and engine room!

AZmike480

LOL! I'd say about 75% of his wardrobe is Red Sox shirts! :)

I'm on the Glory in June with the stepkids! It's just to Canada, but at least we don't have to pay for airline tickets.

I hope you write a review of that one. I loved the Glory. I hear you about airline tickets. We live in Albany, NY and we look forward to someday doing a cruise out of NYC or Boston.

I just got a Facebook message from John Heald:

I can understand just why you were upset and I am very sorry this happened. I have sent a note to the shore excursion department so they know and I have also copied the shore side management as well. Thanks then for telling me and I do hope you had fun and that we will see you again soon. cheers

Mmmmm a polite way of saying.... sorry about your luck.

Here is a picture of the ingredients that I took on when I was on the Freedom:

7960_10150959916139721_249792224_n.jpg

If you like chocolate, you will LOVE this drink! Tastes kinda like a chocolate milk shake for grown ups! :D

I will definitely be trying this on my next cruise! Great review and pictures, thanks for posting! :)

Thanks for the review and info. We're sailing the liberty in December and I planned on using sas instead of the carnival shuttle. Looks like I'll look into a private car or carnivals shuttle.

Is the behind the fun tour worth the money? I'd love to see the bridge and engine room!

AZmike480

I think with Carnival's shuttle you also have to wait until the bus fills up. So if you want to just GO, I'd recommend private car or taxi.

The Behind the Fun tour is SOOOO worth the money in my opinion! Granted, I used money from a gift card DH got me, so it wasn't even my money...lol! I think I forgot to mention that there was a short break where we were offered juice and cookies. Then we got more cookies and a chocolate covered strawberry when we were touring the galley. At the end, we got a choice of orange juice or mimosas in the steakhouse. We also filled out a survey at the end.

The funniest thing I saw about the bridge was that there were windshield wipers on the "windshield." :) And I think the coolest part was the "rearview" portion of the bridge. The glass wraps around to the side, so you can see out the back. Gorgeous views! There is also a piece of glass in the floor of that section so they can see where to "park" in the different ports.

I hope you write a review of that one. I loved the Glory. I hear you about airline tickets. We live in Albany, NY and we look forward to someday doing a cruise out of NYC or Boston.

We flew out of Albany for our Liberty cruise because my SIL lives close to Albany in Vermont and the tickets were cheaper than out of my local airport in NH.

I will definitely write a review about the Glory. DH and I will have the kids with us, so it will definitely be a different experience.

You should try the Pride out of Baltimore. Tickets to BWI on Southwest are super cheap! The Pride was our first cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
We bought tickets for the tram through the Carnival website as an excursion. They were $21 a piece. Supposedly they are a buck or two cheaper if you buy them through Carnival. We presented our tickets at the bottom and they gave us an orange wristband. Each tram fits 8 people. A little cramped, but the ride to the top is really short.

i know this might be a silly question but is Pardise point also known as Mountain Top in St Thomas? I am trying to figure out if i should pay for a siteseeing tour that will take me to the downtown shopping area for an hour and then on to Mountain top - or if i should take the tram to Mountain top(if it goes that far) and then take a taxi to the downtown shopping area afterwards.

i know this might be a silly question but is Pardise point also known as Mountain Top in St Thomas? I am trying to figure out if i should pay for a siteseeing tour that will take me to the downtown shopping area for an hour and then on to Mountain top - or if i should take the tram to Mountain top(if it goes that far) and then take a taxi to the downtown shopping area afterwards.

I had never heard of Mountain Top before you mentioned it, but I just looked it up online and it is actually a totally different location than Paradise Point. Google Mountain Top and the first result you get should be TripAdvisor, which gives reviews. Hope this helps!

I had never heard of Mountain Top before you mentioned it, but I just looked it up online and it is actually a totally different location than Paradise Point. Google Mountain Top and the first result you get should be TripAdvisor, which gives reviews. Hope this helps!

awesome thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
When we got to Margaritaville, we were the first ones to claim a cabana! I asked the people at the gift shop desk and they led us to the right person to get the key to the cabana. We chose #10 because it was closest to the beach. The cabana had A/C, wicker furniture with cushions and a call button for our server. It also had two deck chairs on the little front porch. Jenny and Lance hit the beach and DH and I ordered waters, a soda and some onion rings.

DH, Jenny and I then went shopping and I bought a magnet. When we got back to the cabana, the two deck chairs on our front porch were gone! Someone stole them! :mad: I was livid!

Is the cabana choice first come first serve basis? I feel bad about your deck chairs. thanks

417889_10151600462414721_2123375966_n.jpg

540665_10151600463169721_204122225_n.jpg

Those onion rings look awesome. Were they worth the price? I remember the food and drinks were very pricey last time we were there. I went ahead and booked the cabana cause I don't need too much sun.

Are those the chairs someone took in the picture? I was imagining real cushiony ones like they have in the cabanas on HMC. We leave for the Liberty in 12 days.