Dubrovnik - Best beach to visit within walking distance

We will be visiting Dubrovnik in August. We plan to walk the walls & spend some time in the old town. We would also like to visit a local beach to cool off (within walking distance of walls). Please could I ask for recommendations.

Thank you.

We will be visiting Dubrovnik in August. We plan to walk the walls & spend some time in the old town. We would also like to visit a local beach to cool off (within walking distance of walls). Please could I ask for recommendations.

Thank you.

Your best choice is Banje Beach, it is just a short distance from the Ploce gate exit to the old town.

Thank you. We plan to walk the sea side of the walls from Pile gate to the port. Am I correct that we can leave the walls at the port, visit Banje Beach and then return to explore the old town (Placa Stradun) ? Please could you tell me how long it takes to walk from Port to Banje Beach ?

Thanks again.

Thank you. We plan to walk the sea side of the walls from Pile gate to the port. Am I correct that we can leave the walls at the port, visit Banje Beach and then return to explore the old town (Placa Stradun) ? Please could you tell me how long it takes to walk from Port to Banje Beach ?

Thanks again.

Walk the sea side of the wall, go down at the Ploce gate exit just past the old port. Turn right and exit the old town, Banje is about 7 or 8 minutes.

Thank you for that. Please could I also ask your opinion on Sveti Jakov beach ? I have read that it can be less crowded ? Understand that it is about 20 minute walk from Pile Gate ?

Many Thanks again.

During August you will nothing that is not busy, the town will be busting at the seams as well as all the beaches. The walk to Sveti Jakov is 20 minutes from Villa Argentina, not from Ploce gate. From there you can add another 20 minutes. Enjoy Banje, you will only be there a short time before heading back to the ship, it is much closer to town.

We have been to Dubrovnik before, but have never made it to the beach. This time it will be October when we go, will the beach still be a possibility, or will it be too cold to enjoy by that time?

We have been to Dubrovnik before, but have never made it to the beach. This time it will be October when we go, will the beach still be a possibility, or will it be too cold to enjoy by that time?

Last year summer went far into November, no one can say for sure what will happen this year. It's a crap shoot if the water will be warm in October, ask closer to your arrival.

Dear Travelady, me daughter is traveling to Iceland by land in September. She will be staying 2 weeks. Just trying to help her find some amazing places to visit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks so much.
How does one travel to Iceland "by land" and what does that have to do with Dubrovnik and Croatia??? :confused:

LOL...my bad, she is doing a land vacation in that she is flying not cruising, but I was confused and kept thinking she is going to Croatia, but she's not its Czech Republic AFTER Iceland. Boy, I was all messed up. Sorry to confuse you. Laughing at myself right now and feeling fairly embarrassed.

Archived