Celebrity VP Q & A thread```

wallie5446

With only guessing on what her roll is with Celebrity, hard to tell if anything will come from it. Like someone mentioned It does look like her background is more along the lines from PR/Marketing rather than having the resources to specific issues many people brought up.

I'm always weary though when suggested solutions offered involve hiring consultants and long range plans, because at least in my experience those are the easiest to get rid of when the fiscal quarter needs to be boosted.

Time will tell, hopefully it moves forward at least some

I am curious as to your thoughts, impressions, and reaction/satisfaction with the recent Q & A session with Ms. Alexander and the IT folks at Celebrity. If you posed a question was it answered to your satisfaction? Were you able to come away from this session with a feeling that any issues you raised or suggestions made will be considered?

I am going to reserve my comments for a day or 2, to see if there is any continued interest in this subject. I do want to say that I am impressed with the fact that Celebrity acknowledges that they do indeed read this forum, and have responded to several threads/posts under the name of "Celebrity Cruises" as an official response. In my experience with several other cruise line forums (HAL, NCL, Princess, & Cunard to name a few), I have not seen another "official" responder.

Thoughts???

While I appreciate the initial intent, I am quite disappointed in the low number of questions Ms Alexander answered. I thought Mr. Bayley did a better job responding to questions but we haven't really seen results from that Q and A either. Both have said Celebrity monitors this board but even simple website information errors don't ever seem to get resolved. Other sites have a social media person. I cannot figure out why Celebrity is really dropping the ball in this customer service arena or why they did not anticipate and allocate appropriate resources for this Q and A. As an elite member, I love the onboard experience but feel Celebrity does not care about customer service off the ship.

I just noticed that the thread I started on this subject was moved to this topic. Sorry, I didn't see this thread before I started the new one.

I have to say that, like many of you, I was very disappointed with the limited "corporate" responses that were provided, however I was somewhat expecting this type of PR/Marketing reply. As an example, many of the responses appeared to follow the standard PR model of making a point of re-stating the corporate vision (Modern Luxury Experience) whenever possible - even if it has nothing to do the the primary subject.

I was also somewhat surprised with how quickly this Q&A came to a halt. After only 15 responses from Ms. Alexander we were notified that the Q&A was closed, and no new threads would be answered.

We are anticipating and looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise later this year. We have been cruising almost exclusively with Holland America over the past several years, with an occasional cruise on NCL, and are hoping to add Celebrity to our favored repeat cruise lines. We are hopeful that the delivered product (the actual cruise) is better than the customer service response.

Archived