Carnival Pride - Premium Balcony vs Aft Extended? Need help.

stavs

We've been on three cruises and each one we have gotten an Aft extended balcony which we loved. This go around, we are thinking of saving a couple hundred and going with a premium Balcony (7341). I have read conflicting reports sayign that the premiums are bigger, but the square footage seems the same at 185. Does anyone have reliable info and pictures on what a premium balcony is on the Pride? I am going to be booking this evening.

Again, we loved the views on the Aft extended, but I'm willing to save a couple hundred if there is something more compelling in getting a Premium Balcony in the aft section of the ship.

Thanks!

It's weird because when I book, it states its a premium balcony. When I google premium balcony, and when I look on carnivals site, premium balcony rooms appear larger in the pictures and have granite countertops. I'm going to talk to the PVP tonight and see.

The attached picture is off of Carnival's website. That room is definitely bigger than the Extended Balcony Aft's I've had.

PROBNO_lg_jpg.jpg.34f3f8aacc1659245b839c9d450a9687.jpg

Edited by stavs

I am not sure how many people you have.....but, I HIGHLY recommend #7258 on the Pride.:D:D

It is a LONG Bowling Alley Balcony. I have had the Extended Afts and an Aft Wrap and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this better than all of them...

I believe it is considered an 8J or 8K and is cheaper in price.....

One of the best suggestions that I have received on these boards.

TRUST ME, you won't be sorry.

Good luck!!

The site has been a little mucked up today.

I chose 1 deck and it showed cabins from 3 different decks. Weird.

Good luck getting what you want.

When are you going?

We're doing the June 2, 2013 cruise to Freeport, Grand Turk and the private island (forget the name). It was kind of a last minute thing. Glad I waited as it looks like we'll be getting a $350 OBC along with Past Guest Pricing due to a VIFP special.

Would love the bowling alley balcony, but my guess is it's probably booked. It's just me and my wife, but I like space.

Edited by stavs

We're doing the June 2, 2013 cruise to Freeport, Grand Turk and the private island (forget the name). It was kind of a last minute thing. Glad I waited as it looks like we'll be getting a $350 OBC along with Past Guest Pricing due to a VIFP special.

Would love the bowling alley balcony, but my guess is it's probably booked. It's just me and my wife, but I like space.

Oh, I am sure that you are right. They are "snatched up" quickly by those who know what a great cabin these are...

Enjoy the Pride. It is a great ship and I had a B-L-A-S-T....

Edited by PittsburghGirlee

We're doing the same itinerary May 5th. Your OBC ... NICE!

We booked late too. Got a little OBC and went from the reg. bal. to an extended. I'm happy with that.

Our first cruise was on the Pride and we had an extended aft balcony and loved it. We've also been on the Miracle and the Freedom and we find that we prefer the smaller Spirit class ships. It was much easier to navigate. The aft extended balcony is all we have ever done as we fell in love with it. I love the view you get from the back of the ship, but am up for saving a few hundred in lieu of the view.

We've been on three cruises and each one we have gotten an Aft extended balcony which we loved. This go around, we are thinking of saving a couple hundred and going with a premium Balcony (7341). I have read conflicting reports sayign that the premiums are bigger, but the square footage seems the same at 185. Does anyone have reliable info and pictures on what a premium balcony is on the Pride? I am going to be booking this evening.

Again, we loved the views on the Aft extended, but I'm willing to save a couple hundred if there is something more compelling in getting a Premium Balcony in the aft section of the ship.

Thanks!

We ended up with a Aft Balcony...Never can go wrong with the view. Also very little wind, with a Aft balcony vs. a regular balcony where it is windy.

We've sailed twice on the Pride and both times had 6279 premium balcony. The room itself is larger (235 sq ft) and has the extended balcony (85 sq ft) as well. We loved it the first time so booked it for the second cruise as well. No elevator noise and very convenient.

Edited by bunchesofun

• 8 months later...
We've sailed twice on the Pride and both times had 6279 premium balcony. The room itself is larger (235 sq ft) and has the extended balcony (85 sq ft) as well. We loved it the first time so booked it for the second cruise as well. No elevator noise and very convenient.

I'm on the Miracle in 6279. They're the same, I presume?

We will be a family of 4- kids 9&11. Considering upgrading to an ocean suite. Do you recommend this room over the OS?

Pros/Cons??

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

we stayed in 6279 on the pride and the cabin is huge and so is the balcony. I highly suggest. its a square shaped cabin that slept four of us. unfortunately I have no access to attach a picture. the balcony is very wide and deep. if you go to search on here and type in premium balcony, you will see some pictures.

So disappointed!! There are three total in my cabin and unfortunately I was told that room will only sleep two :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

6232 is the only bowling alley balcony that sleeps up to 4.

Good pics of the " bowling alley " balconies on this thread. You can find a bunch on cruiselinerooms dot com also under pride, legend, miracle, and spirit. Look under rooms 6232 7258 8232, and the handicap are 6234 7260 8234.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983166

Edited by n6uqqq