Messina to Taormina

Hi

We are in Messina on 9th May from 8am until 4pm

Do we have time to visit Taormina?

I have read a lot of posts already and thought maybe if we took a bus to get there as if would take us up the hill from the station, walk down or taxi to train station and come back by train

Am terrified of missing ship

Can anyone tell me where the bus leaves from and do you have a bus and train timetable

Booked last minute so havent as much time to go through all the theads so hope someone can answer all my questions at one

Any other tips would be really appreciated

thanks everyone

A few years ago I took a cab ride from Messina to Taromina. Someone on my Roll Call put together about 8 who wanted to charter a cab to take us and pick us up. It worked well. Hope you will find some on your roll call to do that. Taromina was charming.

We were there Nov 2012. We took the train. Bus leaves very late in the day. You can also take taxi which cost well over 100 Euro. We met quite a few cruise passengers in the train station.

From Taormina train station we shared a taxi with 2 other people to Taormina town. It is a short ride, paid 5 Euro/person for the ride. Same when return to train station

This is a easy DIY excursion. Save yourself $$$ by taking the train. Confirm return schedule in train station.

Most important - validate or stamp your train ticket using the machine on platform. They check validation stamp on your ticket, without the stamp you are cheating.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522369

http://www.mediterranean-cruise-ports-easy.com/travel-to-taormina.html

If you're terrified of missing the ship, then take the ship's tour. Last year, we did the Taormina On Your Own excursion which was about $60 a person. We're going back again this year and we're doing Taormina and beach break for $65 which has free time in Taormina and then a few hours at a beach club with a chair and umbrella.

Archived