JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

Hi JW

Many thanks for wonderful reveiw of your recent cruise on Reflection my wife and I really enjoyed reading about your amazing adventures both before and after our own cruise on Reflection around the Eastern Med on 6th May. We also had a great time the ship, bars, food , entertainment were all fantastic, the best part of our experience was the crew all of whom were lovely and went beyond the call of duty. Whilst I fully appreciate that different folks are entitled to their opinions and have different expectations I often wonder reading some of negative comments if they were on the same ship.

Now to the point of my post, we so enjoyed our cruise that we booked on board to take the Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on the Equinox from Fort Lauderdale on 9th December 2013. Although we have experienced several land based holidays in the Caribbean on Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia and Cancun, Mexico we have not visited any of the following which are on our itinerary,George Town, Cartagena, Colon, Puerto Limon or Belize. You would appear to have travelled extensively in the area and we wonder if you have any recommendations for any of the ports.

To help with our preferences many people would consider us phillastines, we are not interested in historic sites but are quite happy to get off the ship and go to a night club in Istanbul or walk off the ship in Mykonos find our own way to a restaurant for lunch.We are 52 me and 38 her.

Best Wishes

Mark

@welshmark looking forward to see u onboard the equinox December 9th! Can't remember if I saw you at the rollcall:confused:

We're glad after reading this wonderful review that we changed our booking from rccl to X!

Also we booked the reflection for sailing 9th of September2013! Not even because the 1, 2, 3 drunk promo :)

@JW thanks for this wonderful review and we love your sense of humor. We looking forward to visit your home after our cruise. Where will we find you?

Have u ever been in cologne, Germany? You'll love it! Let us know, you're welcome (both!!)

@ Jerome did u ever think about to be the next 007?

Greetings from cologne

We will probably have to wait a bit longer for any additional. Perhaps until sometime next week. I think the guys are busy this weekend. Maybe on a trip to Orlando? From meeting them and seeing JW's continuous claim "I want to have as much fun as possible"; I'm betting on Orlando.

My partner and I were on the same cruise.

I am sitting her months later with a tear in my eye laughing at your review. You are bringing back such wonderful memories. I am only sorry that we were too shy to come introduce ourselves. We know dorothy as well!

As a matter of fact, you have convinced me to go ahead book the transatlantic 16 day cruise on this same ship for next april. I wasn't sure I wanted to book since it doesn't qualify for any of the promotions. I will be paying full price. But your review has convinced me that I will still pay for the premium package, as I did this past April, and not regret a thing.

thank you!

Paul, thank you and point well taken, however, I too grew up with considerable chastisement and humiliation and what now would be called bullying. Hat Lady is reading this review and she, tho not an active participant on Cruise Critic, to quote her directly, told me last night "It's the God's Honest Truth!" We've talked on the phone a dozen times since our sailing and I run everything I mention about her, by her first. So I'm not telling tales out of school. I am however, creating a caricature of an experience that was so real and so funny, that I am merely expressing what everyone else thought. Taking that in stride, along with a nod to Don Rickles, thank you for continuing to enjoy the review.

By the way, Hat Lady has made an appointment for her 46th Plastic Surgery Operation. Her Derriere!

I was also on this cruise and know exactly who the hat lady is. I appreciate the comments that it might hurt her feelings and did wonder how she would feel if she read them. They are pretty dead on however. I appreciate the person who brought this up. It is important to remember that we often hurt others by pointing out things that amuse us about them. As a gay man, I have been teased but in the end who hasn't been teased for being different. In a way, we are all different and yet most of us, until we age and start to mature, try and fit in. I will say I respect JW for letting us know that he spoke with the hat lady about this. I have a feeling she really wouldn't care. At her age, and the way she lives her life, I think she expects people to notice her. It is a part of what she enjoys in life and good for her!

Kudos to you JW for your comments about your experience talking to her and still maintaining your humor.

I have enjoyed reading this review so much. The phrase "larger than life" springs to mind. I am also not surprised that JW is still in contact with the hat lady (and I too was pleased she had no issues with this thread) they are kindred spirits in that they both very obviously enjoy life and don't care who knows it. And why should they?

Eagerly awaiting the next instalment or..... fix!!

The thread seems to have lost its momentum and enthusiasm. I hope we do hear the rest of the experience.

Well, I have been out hunting down 12" cubes for my Dec 7 Reflection sailing. Costco had a 3 pack of storage cubes for $19.00. They are really nice with hard sides and metal reinforced handles. Another plus of the cube is packing in a large suitcase. If you pack it right in the cube and put the cube in the suitcase, everything doesn't slide to the bottom of the suitcase.

I am also keeping an eye out for a hanging shoe organizer. Our shoes are always on the floor or on the shelf on the ship. The shoe organizer is a GREAT idea.

Also, just booked a 123 for April 19 on the Connie. The promotion is BAAACK until June 19th for sailing Sept to April.

OK, if the Constellation is the Connie and the Millennium is the Millie, what is the Silhouette?

In the movie Rambo, there is a very famous line - "It's over Johnny!" I guess so is this review?

Not so, Rambo! Just when you think it's over, I come right back to bite you in the behind!

There are two days of the cruise experience left to post, and we are just getting settled and back to normal from our family passing. Unintentional delays and sidetracked comments aside, thank you all for your continued support.

There has also been much drama with this review (when isn't there drama when it involves me?), that I was letting the ocean waters calm down a bit before I finish it, and I promise finish it I will,

.....with what will truly be the biggest bang ever!

Not so, Rambo! Just when you think it's over, I come right back to bite you in the behind!

There are two days of the cruise experience left to post, and we are just getting settled and back to normal from our family passing. Unintentional delays and sidetracked comments aside, thank you all for your continued support.

There has also been much drama with this review (when isn't there drama when it involves me?), that I was letting the ocean waters calm down a bit before I finish it, and I promise finish it I will,

Awesome! :)

SO very sorry to hear about the drama - keep passing by the open windows and breathe. Hope life is settling down for both of you. Time does stand still when a loved one passes so we will patiently await your return.

Love and hugs coming your way....

pxy

Where Trouble goes, trouble follows....;)

OK, I admit it. I'm a lurker. However, I felt compelled to comment now and let you know how mahhhvelous your review is. JW, I know life gets in the way. I for one am patiently waiting for that end bang no matter when it comes, today, tomorrow, next week, whenever you are able to. No worries, no rush. Just getting to know you a bit in here, I'm sure it will be grand! You seem like a sensitive, caring man who has a love of life lots of people hope for but never achieve. Based on the responses in here you also have many followers/friends who feel as I do. How awesome is that?

I'd also like to add my condolences on your loss.

HEY BONNIE! Long time no see. Stop by the DFW M&M thread and say hello!

Wallie!! (whose real name escapes me) I thought that was you but wasn't sure. I'm touched you remember me. I can't believe that DFW threa is still going strong. I'll be sure to pop in. Thanks for the invite!

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

Archived