Disembarkation in Whittier, time question

Ashfry

We are docking at Whittier at 12:30 am, what time do you think our transfer to the airport will be? We have a 12:30 pm flight out of anchorage and my princess cruise personalizer says there is a conflict with our flight that we might not make it on time. We booked our air by ourselves and our TA didn't state it would be a problem. Should I call princess and see what time our transfer is or go back thru my TA? I am nervous we will miss our flight, I would rather change them now if we have to rather than be trying to fins another flight, although they run every hour it seems....

If anyone has used princess to transfer to the airport what time did you disembark and leave for the airport?

Thanks,

Ashleigh

It would be a tight connection. But doable. You would have to be at the airport around 10am-10:30am for your flight. Which means you would have to be out of Whittier on the 9am tunnel. Not sure what time the Princess transfers leave out of Whittier. Usually all the Cruise Tours leave first. Might be better finding a reliable transfer company to come pick you up.

You could probably contact Princess in the local Alaska office to see if your transfer would make it. 907-550-7711

Princess starts their buses at 7am, and runs successive buses for hours. The issue may be, they are full for the early transfers, since cruise air people would be given priority for the times. over you. IF you didn't enter your flight time a long time ago, I will speculate this is the reason.

I suggest you arrange a private transfer, listings http://www.anchorage.net

You HAVE to be at the airport, as already mentioned by 10:30a absolutely essential a ship dumping day. And sorry, but flights out of Anchorage run full on these days. Do not assume, you will just be able to get a "later" flight.

I would look at a transfer, out the 8am tunnel. See what you can come up with, using the above web site.

Thank you!

I talked to my TA today. He called princess and they said they would not suggest a flight earlier than 11 but prefer 1 pm. He said we should be fine on our time. I will probably call princess myself just to be sure;)

Thank you!

I talked to my TA today. He called princess and they said they would not suggest a flight earlier than 11 but prefer 1 pm. He said we should be fine on our time. I will probably call princess myself just to be sure;)

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/flight_guideline_ports/anchorage_flight_guidelines.html

Information is on the website. 11a "deprives" you of the opportunity to pay an up charge for the scenic rail option.

Princess has buses lined up waiting for passengers.

Archived