C25k

ozarkmama

I have never in my life been a runner, not even in Jr High or High school but I have seriously been thinking about training for a 5K. I would love to do the color run and it is in August. Please somebody tell me if I am totally nuts..............

Edited by ozarkmama

I'm a lot like you...I ran in college, but ONLY because I had to do so in order to pass our phys ed classes that were mandatory. Now that I'm in my 40's, I've really got the itch to RUN!

We just had a color run about a month ago, but I didn't participate. I had just started my Couch25K, so I knew that I wouldn't be ready. There's another color fun run scheduled for July that I'm considering.

This is by far the BEST program out there!! I am and was not EVER a runner. Everyone told me about this program and begged me to do it and I said no way, it would never work I hate to runa nd could never run even to the mailbox! In January of this year (age 42) I decided to give it a try since I had lost about 37 lbs and finally back to my normal younger years size;) It WORKS! I am not saying that I run marathons or beaking any speed times, but I can run a 5k without stopping and really enjoy it! The only advice I have is to invest in some good running shoes and start slow. Most people start running to fast and end up giving up. Remember slow and steady wins the race;) If I can do it, you got this no problem!!

The only advice I have is to invest in some good running shoes and start slow. Most people start running to fast and end up giving up.

I can personally attest to this fact! I started the program almost two years ago but was trying to RUN and not JOG. When I started it again this time, I'm jogging and about to begin week five. I now look forward to my Couch25K days at the gym!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Totally the best program to get started in running. My wife & I are both doing it. We've actually completed them & now working on 10k. But we would have never been able to do it without working up in increments. Just takes time & patience.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just starting this too. Never been good at running and am exhausted in minutes, but giving it a go. Seems very popular here at the moment, so must be something good to it. Hopefully I will be able to keep up. I'd like to!

• 10 months later...
I have never in my life been a runner, not even in Jr High or High school but I have seriously been thinking about training for a 5K. I would love to do the color run and it is in August. Please somebody tell me if I am totally nuts..............

I have always hated running too. I just got the C25K app on my phone. I just completed day 2 today, and so far I'm loving it. I really like how you gradually ease into it. Good luck in your training! :)