Past Guest Rate and NO more price drops?

BenjiRodney

Just got off the phone with customer service as I did not book the Nov cruise with a PVP. I was told because it is not booked under the Early Saver rate, it does not qualify for the new sale. Since it is only 20.00 I am not going to fool with doing a cancellation, wait for a refund, and then rebook. By that time the rates will have increased.

It just seems funny that it no longer qualifies as I previously had it adjusted down in price from 789 to 714. :mad:

Just got off the phone with customer service as I did not book the Nov cruise with a PVP. I was told because it is not booked under the Early Saver rate, it does not qualify for the new sale. Since it is only 20.00 I am not going to fool with doing a cancellation, wait for a refund, and then rebook. By that time the rates will have increased.

It just seems funny that it no longer qualifies as I previously had it adjusted down in price from 789 to 714. :mad:

Are you referring to the current ES promotion? If so, that would be why. The sale is only for Early Saver and is giving up to $50 in OBC; however, if you want to switch to ES, then why not do so?

I was looking at the current Past Guest Rate for Sept to Dec cruises. There is a rate 20.00 lower than what I paid, but the rep would not change my booking because I was not booked under the Early Saver Rate.

I took PG rate for refundable deposit and no change fee.

I was looking at the current Past Guest Rate for Sept to Dec cruises. There is a rate 20.00 lower than what I paid, but the rep would not change my booking because I was not booked under the Early Saver Rate.

I took PG rate for refundable deposit and no change fee.

My friend was told the same thing yesterday and I told her to call back and get someone that knows what they were talking about. She called again and got a $500.00 refund.

Call back until you get what you deserve.

Then you need to call back and speak with another person.

If the Past Guest rate is lower than what you've originally paid (in the same category with the same number of guests), you're BEFORE final payment, you should be able to get your fare re-priced in minutes. Call again.

The promotion for September to December cruises is for Early Saver; however, if the PG rate has dropped you should be able to get the lower rate. I haven't been on Carnival's site since this morning, so is there another promotion that includes PG rates for those months?

Your clients can save big on this year’s fall cruises with Carnival. From Tuesday, April 23rd through Thursday, April 25th, your clients can setup their fall vacation plans with Carnival at Early Saver or Easy Saver rates, up to 50% reduced deposits plus up to $50 onboard credit! Offer is available on select sailings from September through December 2013. So hurry, fall will be here before you know it!

Ok called back got a nicer nicer lady who was more than willing to drop the price and told me to keep checking it up until final payment date for any additional drops. So I guess it depends upon who wants to help you out.

Ok called back got a nicer nicer lady who was more than willing to drop the price and told me to keep checking it up until final payment date for any additional drops. So I guess it depends upon who wants to help you out.

Kudos to you

Like I said. ;)

Does anyone know how the credit is applied? Is it all put on the primary person's account or split between those on the rom?

For me it has always been a reduction in the final amount owed. At least that how it works with the Past Guest Rate.

My first post posted twice.

But I just looked at fareviewer and the only fare that has Fall Sale attached to it is Early Saver (and I'm looking at my booking). PG and Fun Select do not have it associated.

I did not use the fare viewer on this one. Did a whole new booking and selected the Past Guest Rate to find the price drop.

Wonder why they wouldn't change it? I actually had mine changed last night as my Past Guest went down $70. They did it in about 5 mins and sent me my confirmation. In fact, it's gone down a total of $120 total. Had them change it for me a few weeks ago as well.

I did not use the fare viewer on this one. Did a whole new booking and selected the Past Guest Rate to find the price drop.

I also look at mine by doing a whole new booking.

Is there an easier way by using "fare viewer"? Is yes.. how does one find this?

Any rate is adjustable (except easy saver) before final payment. All Early Saver does is give you adjustments up to 2 days before sailing.

I have in the past switched rates from PG to ES with just a phone call, you should be able to do the same.

Archived