From the ship to the airport?

PenguinWalk

Does anybody have any tips on the fastest and easiest way to get from the ship to the airport. I know sometimes you can walk a block and catch a cab without the long wait. Is there anything like that in New Orleans?

Hi, actually yes, you can take a cab, is easy, fast and cheap or you can pay for a private transfer, and is not that cheap:eek: . You better take a cab. Good luck!!:)

Does anybody have any tips on the fastest and easiest way to get from the ship to the airport. I know sometimes you can walk a block and catch a cab without the long wait. Is there anything like that in New Orleans?

Actually Yes, if you take a cab will be easy, fast and cheap or you can pay for a private tranfer and that is not that cheap:eek: . You better take a cab. Good luck!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from NO (Conquest) yesterday. You can arrange transportation back to the airport directly from the ship (VERY CONVENIENT...expensive but worth it) It was $23pp and you take an air conditioned bus located right in front of the ship. NO HASSLE! You don't even have to make any arrangements until next to last day of cruise at the purser's office.

$23 per person? Seems high.

Last I heard, the cab fare from port to airport was $28 for two people, and the cab would be faster, instead of waiting for the bus to load....:confused:

We took the Airport Shuttle from the airport to our hotel pre-cruise, then from the port terminal to the airport for a total of $80 for 5 people. We debarked from the ship at 8:00 and were at the airport around 9:45; if we had known which line was for the Airport Shuttle when we disembarked, we would have been there even earlier - we stood in the wrong line for 1/2 hour!

i am wondering about getting to a 12:15 flight from the sensation. carnival shows the ship docks at 8 and wondering if we could make the 12:15 flight? anyone who has done this previously have any knowledge u can give me? we have only cruised 1 other time on the triumph and we were not even off the ship until after 10am. i know the sensation is smaller.

i am wondering about getting to a 12:15 flight from the sensation.

Carnival suggests not booking outbound flights at any port until after 1pm. However, seems it can be done. Go to the purser's desk and let them know you have early flight...you should be one of the first off the ship. Just remember that there could be delays in leaving the ship, customs, etc., as you are aware from your last cruise. You'll probably be ok with the noonish flight - but just hope there won't be a traffic jam on the way to the airport. Hey, and it's a bonus if you get to the airport early.....lots of fun stuff and food at our airport!:)

Thank you all so much! Sorry I have been lax in Keeping up. I'm planning a wedding for the same time period (Oct 13). I think I will go with the cab, money will probably be tight at the end of the cruise. Thank you again!!!!

Thank you all so much! Sorry I have been lax in Keeping up. I'm planning a wedding for the same time period (Oct 13). I think I will go with the cab, money will probably be tight at the end of the cruise. Thank you again!!!!

Congratulations !!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
i am wondering about getting to a 12:15 flight from the sensation.

Carnival suggests not booking outbound flights at any port until after 1pm. However, seems it can be done. Go to the purser's desk and let them know you have early flight...you should be one of the first off the ship. Just remember that there could be delays in leaving the ship, customs, etc., as you are aware from your last cruise. You'll probably be ok with the noonish flight - but just hope there won't be a traffic jam on the way to the airport. Hey, and it's a bonus if you get to the airport early.....lots of fun stuff and food at our airport!:)

How long of a taxi ride is it from the Pier to the Airport? How does an NFL game effect traffic from Pier to Airport (i.e. do we have to go past the stadium).

Thanks

On a Sunday morning, unless there is a wreck tying up traffic, you should be able to get to the airport via taxi in about 20 minutes.

If the Saints are playing at home that Sunday, traffic starts around 10:30, pretty bad by 11. However, cab drivers can steer clear of the Dome area. Besides, game traffic will be coming 'in', and you'll be headed 'out'.

Archived