Is this right?

oldtimer43

Have a friend, she and her husband are sailing on Elation Oct 16, 2013, from NO. She booked early saver rate of $698.00 for ocean view on Upper deck forward. Taxes were $102.00. The price dropped to $678.00.

She called her pvp for help submitting her price protection form. She got the rate dropped from $698 to 678 but her taxes were raised to $114, so she ended up with a savings of about $8.00, and not the $20.00. I have never had this happen when I file price protection form.

Her cruise is not paid off yet so $20.00 should have came off her amount left to pay. Please tell me what I am missing.

Have a friend, she and her husband are sailing on Elation Oct 16, 2013, from NO. She booked early saver rate of $698.00 for ocean view on Upper deck forward. Taxes were $102.00. The price dropped to $678.00.

She called her pvp for help submitting her price protection form. She got the rate dropped from $698 to 678 but her taxes were raised to $114, so she ended up with a savings of about $8.00, and not the $20.00. I have never had this happen when I file price protection form.

Her cruise is not paid off yet so $20.00 should have came off her amount left to pay. Please tell me what I am missing.

I had this happen last year. When you price match to the current rate, you price match to the current taxes too. Sometimes they go up and sometimes they go down.

Carnival will adjust the amount of your OBC accordingly.

It happens sometimes. When you book taxes and fees are only a projection of what the final amount will be.

If the final amount is lower then what you paid you will get a small OBC on your cruise.

If the amount goes up Carnival eats the difference, UNLESS, you "re-negotiate" your deal by requesting a price drop or an upgrade.

I've had this go both ways. I've had the taxes and fees go down which gave us more of an OBC than we expected and I've had them go up which gave us less OBC. But both times I was just happy that I was able to save any money on the fare =)

Archived