Capt. Marvin's Excursion Questions

Jodygirl

We are looking at booking their 2 hour 8:30 snorkel excursion in May. Do they pick you up at the ship or do you have to walk a ways? Is 2 hours long enough to spend at Stingray City and another snorkel site? Due to a disability, I have a hard time getting back into boats after tubing and such. Will it be too hard for me to board after being in the water? Or are they good about helping people? I also read somewhere about people buying snorkels on the ships for about $5. Can we buy one on ship even if we are doing another tour? Thanks so much for any help you can give me. icon_smile.gif

Jody in KS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until our first cruise on the Sensation!

I went with Captain Marvins 2 weeks ago. It is a 6 minute walk from the pier. Our ship arrived at 7 am and we made sure we were on the first tender over. We arrived at their office by 7:40. It was a wonderful trip. Their masks and snorkels were great. I didn't see anywhere to purchase them on the ship and if they do have them they will be overpriced. If you want your own I would suggest buying it and taking it with you. I had no problem getting off the boat. Getting back in you climb a ladder. It is a little awkward but I am sure there would be plenty of people to help you if you asked. I found people to be very accomodating on these tours booked "outside" of the cruise lines. The 2 hour trip for us was perfect and they they dropped us off at 7 mile beach. The stringrays were a highlight for us. We took an underwater camera and got some fabulous pictures. The crew even helped us hold them. Wish I was back there. The clarity of the water was incredible.

I have a friend who is big and she sometimes has a hard time getting on the boats. We went with Captain Marvins in January and she said she loved the boats. The ladders they have were easy for her to navigate.

I love Captain Marvins and can't say enough good things about them!

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

Thank you for all the replies. I will be booking a reservation with them shortly. So, on another topic, if the ship is leaving Tampa (EDT) and arriving in GC at 7:00 am, that is actually 6:00 am island time, right? So we should have no problem making an 8:00 meet time. Does that sound right?

Jody in KS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until our first cruise on the Sensation!

You need to call your cruiseline and see if they adjust their port time to local time. I was on Princess and they adjusted their time to local time each night that it changed. So my port stops were always on local time. I understand every cruise line does it differently.

Jodygirl, We were on the Zaandam in January and we were supposed to arrive at Grand Cayman at 7 am, but didnt get there until 9:30am. We were delayed for some reason. We booked our tour at 11am and we had to husstle to make our tour!!!!

1/10 zaandam...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;1;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived