Platinum member party on Mariner

Just completed our first cruise as platinum members. The platinum party was in the Lotus Lounge on Thursday evening. We must say we were very impressed. A large number of the cruise staff including the CD and Loyalty Ambassador were lined up at the door in formal attire and greeted every guest warmly. They circulated about the room and thanked evryone for being loyal cruisers and made interesting chit-chat.

The food and snacks were outstanding. There was grilled shrimp, wings, vegetable rolls, and lots of other great looking and delicious appetizers.

There were a few speeches and announcements, unfortunately we missed a lot of this because we had to go meet our party for dinner.

It is really great that RCI goes to the expense and time to express their appreciation to their repeat cutomers. The coupon books and cabin discounts are not too shabby either!

We also were very pleased with how we were treated as Platinum members on the Navigator last week. The coupon book was great. Besides the repeaters party, the Platinum & Diamond member brunch with open bar in the Viking Crown room was a nice treat that was not expected.

I completed my 5th cruise last year and a divorce has keep me from cruising this last year. I had no idea that they do a member brunch with an open bar! I am looking to book the Freedom of the Seas next year and look forward to the extras that RCCL always has for us. I love all the extras, you can only get equivalent treatment on Celebrity. I am using my Platinum status on Celebrity this December and I can't wait to see what extras are instored for us on the Zenith! Carnival doen't offer anything like this, I go on Glory in September only because it was a free cruise (paid port and govt fees only)!:(

I forgot to mention the open bar. They had wine, beer, champagne, and mixed drinks. It was for diamond and platinum members together. I do recall them talking about the new diamond plus level and some of the related perks. It seems like there was mention of a new level for cruisers with 100+ cruises and it was told that there were some in the room that were very close to qualifying. Wow!

DW and I both commented that the party reminded us of the Captain's cocktail party many years ago on the Majesty. Back then, the ships were smaller and the cruises a little more formal than today. The Captains party was in one of the lounges and the captain met everyone who attended. Good times!

Sailing for the first time since becoming Platinum, my DH & I attended the Platinum/Diamond brunch on the Explorer 2 weeks ago. It was really nice and the food was wonderful!! It felt great to be appreciated too.

My DH and I were on the Mariner in February. We were really impressed with the quality of the food and drinks compared to the "repeater party" attended a few days earlier. The Captain, CD and Loyalty Ambassador plus other ranking staff members were in attendance. RCCL surely appreciates returning guests and it shows.

I've never been to a bad Diamond/Platinum event. They always have good food and the open bar. The luncheons are nice, too.

I'm not much of a drinker, and DH not at all, so between the Captain's cocktail party, my free drink coupons from both Diamond C&A booklets, the repeat cruisers party, and the Diamond/Platinum party, I can get a nice glass of champagne before dinner almost every night on a 7 night cruise! :D :D

I was a little disappointed that our captain on the Mariner (5/29 sailing) did not speak at our party....food was lovely, drinks were great, music was really nice with people dancing but I really wanted to hear the captain. :(

What a nice surprise though, when Captain Johnny appeared at the Farewell show in the theater...riding his scooter in and addressing the audience..a first for us and we always attend the last show. He redeemed himself and I was glad that he spoke to everyone...not just the "elite."

Hi Deb and Bill,

Saw your names and remembered you are season ticket holders to the Spurs. They played two great games but the Pistons are getting hot. They need to win at least one game at your place which will be tough.

Wishing you and the Spurs good luck . Hope to see you again on a cruise sometime.

Go Pistons,

Not quite related to the original post but' date=' I will most likely have a couple more cruises under my belt than my DH and will reach Platinum before him. How does that work as far as the benefits involved?[/quote']

Whoever books the cruise will get the credit.. My wife has one more cruise point than I do, and we are both Diamond. ricko1 :D

I completed my 5th cruise last year and a divorce has keep me from cruising this last year. I had no idea that they do a member brunch with an open bar! I am looking to book the Freedom of the Seas next year and look forward to the extras that RCCL always has for us. I love all the extras, you can only get equivalent treatment on Celebrity. I am using my Platinum status on Celebrity this December and I can't wait to see what extras are instored for us on the Zenith! Carnival doen't offer anything like this, I go on Glory in September only because it was a free cruise (paid port and govt fees only)!:(

May I be so bold as to ask what company you booked your 'free' cruise with - I have one of those and I am trying to figure if it is worth it or not... Thanks!

I am about to take my first cruise as a platinum member, but no one else in my group is, does anyone know if I can bring anyone with me to the brunch, I know they allow you to take people to the welcome back party so I am assuming I can bring someone.

Archived