Tenuta dell’Argento or Hotel Traghetto

dmk

I have not stayed either place, however a search on Google Maps shows a pretty significant difference in location: while Hotel Traghetto is in town, an easy walk from the train station and to the entrance of the port, the other is out in the countryside to the north of the city, with no other services around.

I actually researched both for my cruise out of Civi last fall, but ended up staying in Rome the night before and taking the train the morning of my cruise.

Edited by Twickenham

• 1 year later...
Hopefully someone who has stayed at one or the other can give you some first hand experience, but overall it hardly seems to matter. Both have good reviews and you're only going to be there for one day ... how bad could it be?

We stayed at Hotel Traghetto for one night before a recent cruise, having arrived into Rome late, and it was super convenient. Ate a late dinner at the pizza place next door.

Next morning, breakfast at the hotel, went to a nearby supermarket to buy some water and we could drag our big luggage from the hotel to the free port pick-up point for the cruise ship. It was very convenient and I would do the same again, if we sail out of Rome.

I am in the midst of doing a video review of the Hotel and the pizza place. Will post the link soon.

Here is the link to my video review.

Thank you! We've considered staying there, and now we probably will next time. The video is very helpful, especially for showing things like the short flight of steps and the narrow shower door.

Edited by lisiamc

I had asked the original question:)

I wanted to let you all know that I stayed at Tenuta dell’Argento and loved it. The rooms were large. The area up on a hilltop was so peaceful. They have a fantastic restaurant. Many people who are not staying there come to eat. They will pick you up fro the train station and also take you to port for free.

Thank you! We've considered staying there, and now we probably will next time. The video is very helpful, especially for showing things like the short flight of steps and the narrow shower door.

Happy you liked the video. I'm not sure if the showers were bigger in the other rooms, but it was definitely rather tight in the room we stayed in.