Review of our day in GC

judyf

Grand Cayman: We booked a stringray tour on our own with Soto’s, I booked way back in Sept. before the price went up. We paid $20.00 pp it’s now $24.00 pp and it’s a great deal at that price. We had no problem getting right off the ship. Our tour was at 8:50 a.m. island time, GC was 1 hour behind ship time. We looked around a little where we got off the ship. I went to Hard Rock Café and the Harley shop before the tour just in case we didn’t have time after and it’s a good thing I did.

We all met where Soto’s told us to, it was easy, no problems and the guide was there waiting for us. We get in a nice AC van and we are off to the location. This was my first time to snorkel and I did bring my own gear and just used Soto’s fins. First stop was at a place they called the aquarium. I got the hang of it pretty quick saw lots of colored fish and coral. Second stop was the Coral Reef. This location had many boats and people, our guide that was filming the event told us to follow him. He went down and brought an eel out fro us all to see. It was great. Third and last stop was the Strinray Sandbar. I was glad to be on smaller tour, we had like 20-25 people and some of the other ships had two decks and were crowded. With the small group, we got individual attention. The guides took our underwater cameras and took many pictures for us. We got to hold the stringrays and kiss them many times. The water is so clear you can see the stringrays coming from far away.

The only thing that we encountered that was a little upsetting was when it was all over we were the last to get off the boat, we were in the back. What they did was just load the van as everyone walked off the boat. The first van got full and left. Now we’re waiting in the parking lot for a van it’s like 1:25 ish and I was getting worried cause our last tender was 2:00 p.m. I kept asking where the van was, the workers called the owner (Kerry) who was driving the van and said she would be right there. She arrived about 1:50 p.m. at this time we were a little upset, first island, tour on our own and we were a running late. We did arrive at the pier around 2:00 p.m. and there was a line to get back on and many people joined the line long after we were in it. We got back on the ship I think about 3:00 p.m. I must add to not let this worry you to book this tour, Kerry learned something from this experience. Our ship was the earliest to leave and Kerry said she would make sure in further tours that they check which ship the guests are on and load the earliest leaving on the first van. I would make sure you tell them on the boat what time your last tender is and let them know you need to be on the first van and you should have no problem.

We did buy the video for I think $54.00 and it will be mailed to our home address. This is a must do for your first visit to GC.

Judy
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

• 3 weeks later...
We really enjoyed the ship. I posted a review with a title on Inspiration Review 04-04-04. It's very detailed and very long. LOL

If you can't find it e mail me and I will e mail you a copy.

You will love the Inspiration!

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

Archived