Mickey's Pool Slide - age restriction?

karen2754

I recently read that you need to be 4 years old to go on the water slide at Mickey's Pool. My son will only be 3-1/2, but is well past the height requirement and is potty trained. If I decide the slide looks safe for him, will he be able to go on? Or is the over-4 rule actually enforced?

Your son shouldn't have any problem as long as he is tall enough and your sure he won't be afraid. They have an adult at the top of the stairs to make sure all the kids take their turn and get on the slide properly. Your son would have to be able to do this all by himself, as they can't help the kids, only supervise that they are not too close together going down. You could probably go up the stairs with him the first time and tell them your just checking it out. They are not going to ask for ID to check his age. I've seen some pretty young kids go down the slide. It is a good idea to have another adult at the bottom waiting for him. Lots of kids wind up coming down backwards and it confuses them and sometimes they get water up their noses. It is enclosed about 98% of the way down. Hope this helps some.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 1 month later...
Your son shouldn't have any problem as long as he is tall enough and your sure he won't be afraid. They have an adult at the top of the stairs to make sure all the kids take their turn and get on the slide properly. Your son would have to be able to do this all by himself, as they can't help the kids, only supervise that they are not too close together going down. You could probably go up the stairs with him the first time and tell them your just checking it out. They are not going to ask for ID to check his age. I've seen some pretty young kids go down the slide. It is a good idea to have another adult at the bottom waiting for him. Lots of kids wind up coming down backwards and it confuses them and sometimes they get water up their noses. It is enclosed about 98% of the way down. Hope this helps some.

mom x4,grandma x4

mom x4,grandma x4,

Are arm floaties discouraged from the pool and slide area?

TIA,

Cindy

I have seen a few little kids with arm floats on in the Mickey pool, but not going down the slide. I would think they might get caught on the sides some and perhaps help to turn the child around backwards or slow them down too much. They may allow them, but I dont think I'd use them on the slide.You see lots of the younger kids wearing swimsuits with the build in flotation devices. Those would work great on the slide and in the pool. The kiddie pool is not very deep and the ears are really shallow, in fact one of the ears is geared towards the tiny tots in swim diapers. It just has water jets within the ear. It's great for the tiny kids. The other ear is for those not in swim diapers, but not confident enough to go out into the pool. Lots of parents walk in with their younger kids or sit on the edge of the ears.

mom x4,grandma x4

mom x4,grandma x4,

Thank you for your help with this. I do agree with you about not wearing the arm floats down the slide. I must make a quick dash to town tomorrow to see if I can find a swim suit with built in flotation device for her.

It is hard to believe fall clothes are out and all of the summer is on clearance.

Thank you again! I appreciate all of your help and enjoy reading all of your posts as I am able to grab so much from you beings I we are a first time Disney Cruiser!

Cindy

Archived