What time cabin available?

summerlove69

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I'm usually on the ship around noonish, and my cabin has always been ready. If yours isn't ready, you'll probably see your steward in the area, and he won't mind if you drop your carry-ons in there.:)

That's probably why they are in a hurry to get everybody off the ship at the end of a cruise--they have to get everything clean & ready for the next passengers, and sail again that evening :rolleyes: You gotta wonder how they get everything done in such a short period of time :confused:

Who prepares the rooms? Room stewards only or do they have help? They do seem to have a short time to prepare the rooms. I also always wondered, how many rooms per room steward on each cruise?

Who prepares the rooms? Room stewards only or do they have help? They do seem to have a short time to prepare the rooms. I also always wondered, how many rooms per room steward on each cruise?

The cabin steward will pay for help. We had a steward on deck 6 that had 26 cabins...His name was Mario) he paid someone who worked the laundry rooms to help him on her off hours. Some stewards have a smaller amount of cabins. It goes with experience.

I also suggest not to just leave the carry-ons in the cabin unless you get an all clear from a cabin steward. THe cabins are not secured until 1pm. Cabin stewards need to get a clearance from a mgr to give an all clear.

If we get to Galveston and check-in etc. by noon, what time can we actually get into the cabin? I know they won't be available at noon, but might we get in by 2ish?

Thanks,

Bridget

Just got back from the Ecstasy. We arrived at the Galveston pier about 11:15, checked in and at noon they started letting us board. We are in the Skipper's Club, but I heard them letting the others start going on board also right after our group. We were able to go straight to our cabin.

Archived