? Buffet in MDR on Liberty of the Seas

Broch

On our last cruise which was a few years ago, in the MDR we had a cold section buffet like cereals and porridge ( grits ) etc. set up which was good as you could help yourself while you waited for ordered cooked items to arrive. It was quicker too as it freed up the waiters. As we like the MDR for breakfast it would be lovely if this service was offered on the Liberty or the Splendour or any other ship for that matter. Can anybody confirm if they still do this,

On our last cruise which was a few years ago, in the MDR we had a cold section buffet like cereals and porridge ( grits ) etc. set up which was good as you could help yourself while you waited for ordered cooked items to arrive. It was quicker too as it freed up the waiters. As we like the MDR for breakfast it would be lovely if this service was offered on the Liberty or the Splendour or any other ship for that matter. Can anybody confirm if they still do this,

Last year on Liberty out of Barcelona, there was a small buffet set up in the main dining room during breakfast service. It had cereal, fruit, pastries, juice, etc. and if I remember correctly, there was an chef there making made-to-order omelettes.

Thank you so much for your reply. I find the dining room so much more civilised, and this is just the news I was wanting to hear. Lets hope they decide to continue it this year

Yes, you should have a section near the middle of the MDR. This same section does a great Tutti Salad at lunch (when open, usually sea days only). We usually got some fruit and pastries there while waiting for our breakfast order. You'll also have a waiter coming by your table with pastries.

Just came home from the Liberty TA April 8 to 20. I can confirm that at breakfast in the MDR (in this case it was the Botticelli on Deck 3) there was a buffet set-up with hot and cold cereals, eggs, sausages, bacon, French toast etc. etc. You can opt for this or for table service. I tried both, and must say the eggs at the buffet are definitely (and understandably) drier and less tasty in general :D

Archived