Valor cabin 6454

bunchesofun

There was a price drop on our June 2 cruise so was able to get an upgrade to an aft balcony cabin 6454 for only an additional $20. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is there much vibration? Noise? Soot? I've heard of these possibilities on other ships and just wonder how this cabin is.

I have stayed in both 6454 & 6452...yes there is soot...I didnt notice much vibration but i did feel the shimmy. There is a night club right under the cabin and you can hear the beat of the music until late in the evening...things like that do not bother me but my brother in the next cabin, complained about it every evening.

Not on the same ship (This was on the Liberty), a sister ship and on the opposite corner, but we had three of the cabin in the corner of the other side (the corner and the two next to it -- 6485 like yours, 6483, and 6481. No one had any complaints and I never even heard the nightclub. But then I was usuallly exhausted and falliing asleep by 10 p.m. and I can sleep through anything. I'm a light sleeper starting at about 3 a.m. and never had anything waking me up in the wee hours. // We have three rooms so far on the Valor for March. My parents wanted one of those aft corners again and booked 6483 again (the last of these that was available). They said that they loved it on the Liberty and had no problems with the noise below on that Libery cruise. My brother and his girlfriend booked the closest inside to my parents that was available to save money and will use dad's balcony (they aren't in the room all that much anyway), 6471.

We before the others decided to join us booked midship balcony on seven. I've just been looking at deck plans and personally would like to do 6485 right next to my parents (the cabin on the other side up front next to the corner - almost the same you have booked). I took votes from my family, though. DH doesn't care. DS (17) just wasn't sure (He's a little concerned about more rocking motion). And I'm actually the person in the famiy most affected by this (That's why I booked midship initially) and I like being for in the middle of the ship for getting everywhere too. In reality, DH would probably like the more private yet smaller balcony midship too for more privacy and he's a smoker and would be happier smoking by himself (not next to dad). So I'm probably not gong to change my resrvation and will just go over to mom and dad's room for some hanging and visiting with them.

Not on the same ship (This was on the Liberty), a sister ship and on the opposite corner,.

The way the back lounge is shaped, there is less noise on the starboard side of the ship. not to mention the band stage is on the portside.

I can hear it, i can feel it but it doesnt bother me.

Archived