Early Saver + Military OBC

A.S.

Upon checking the price of my cruise, I happened to notice that they have the same price under VIFP Military Savings.

Can I ask for the OBC since we do qualify for military, but are booked under Early Saver?

Wish we would have waited and just booked Military. Does anyone know the procedure here?

Thanks for any replies.

Yes you can. I have price matched with ES to military several times in the past. Fill out a ES form and submit it. Make sure and put in the form under comments that you are eligible form military rates and ES so therefore eligible for the obc.

You will need to send in proof of military status (such as dd-214 or something similar) within 72 hours of being approved. They sent me an email telling me where to email the copy of the dd214 to.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I did fill out the form, but it has been several days with no answer. I think they already have our military status on file, but we could always send another.

What happens if the price goes lower in another rate other than Military? Would we lose the OBC?

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I did fill out the form, but it has been several days with no answer. I think they already have our military status on file, but we could always send another.

What happens if the price goes lower in another rate other than Military? Would we lose the OBC?

Yes, you'd lose it, so you have to see what your break even is.

If military rate is $450 with $100 OBC, any rate you match to would need to be less than $350 for it to be worth your while.

We originally purchased out cruise under the friends and family/past guest rate, with a 50% deposit. I saw where they then offered a military rate same category same price but with the OBC. I called and they switched us from the friends and family/past guest to the military rate. We did have to pay the other half of the deposit however.

We originally purchased out cruise under the friends and family/past guest rate, with a 50% deposit. I saw where they then offered a military rate same category same price but with the OBC. I called and they switched us from the friends and family/past guest to the military rate. We did have to pay the other half of the deposit however.

OP is booked ES...cannot switch without penalties which is not necessary...once ES always ES. But she can price match to the military rate which is the whole point to ES.

Archived