Difficult to avoid seeing each other checking in?

Hello ladies! So for those that have done so already (or anyone that can recall from reviews), was it relatively easy to avoid seeing the groom before the ceremony? My fiance and I would really prefer to not see each other that morning prior to the ceremony, but are wondering if it would make things too difficult with checking in...we figure the bridal party could just communicate to make sure we stay separate but I just wanna know how that worked for others, especially with having to wait so long between checking in and boarding the ship.

Thanks! :p

Ohh wow, soooo close!! I've read a few reports where the brides said pretty much as soon as staff in the port know your a bride trying to be "incogneto" they love to take part, probably makes a regular day for them so much more exciting...maybe call the port and ask?

Hello ladies! So for those that have done so already (or anyone that can recall from reviews), was it relatively easy to avoid seeing the groom before the ceremony? My fiance and I would really prefer to not see each other that morning prior to the ceremony, but are wondering if it would make things too difficult with checking in...we figure the bridal party could just communicate to make sure we stay separate but I just wanna know how that worked for others, especially with having to wait so long between checking in and boarding the ship.

It all depends on the port. In Galveston, one of the brides said it was no issue, but the bride whose wedding we saw in Baltimore, was not nearly as fortunate and she and all of her guests had to wait in the same rectangular holding room. Also note, that in some cruise terminals the use of cell phones is completely prohibited by ICE.

I'd look for reviews of your port to see what other brides at your port have done.

When I got my final call for Port Canaveral, they said they would be able to keep us separate provided we arrive 15 minutes apart. We decided against it since it since the morning of the wedding was too hectic and we ended up taking the same shuttle.

Ohh wow, soooo close!! I've read a few reports where the brides said pretty much as soon as staff in the port know your a bride trying to be "incogneto" they love to take part, probably makes a regular day for them so much more exciting...maybe call the port and ask?

I know, I can't believe we're just 7 days away!! Ahhh! lol Yeah hopefully they will be as helpful and willing at our port. I think I will contact them to find out.

When I got my final call for Port Canaveral, they said they would be able to keep us separate provided we arrive 15 minutes apart. We decided against it since it since the morning of the wedding was too hectic and we ended up taking the same shuttle.

Yeah, we have gone back and forth about that as well just to keep things from being crazy. However, if they tell us the same thing about 15 mins apart...that would work well because I told everyone to be there by 10am...just as a buffer to help ensure no delays on our end lol

It all depends on the port. In Galveston, one of the brides said it was no issue, but the bride whose wedding we saw in Baltimore, was not nearly as fortunate and she and all of her guests had to wait in the same rectangular holding room. Also note, that in some cruise terminals the use of cell phones is completely prohibited by ICE.

I'd look for reviews of your port to see what other brides at your port have done.

Ah I see, makes sense. I'm getting married at the Port of Miami and when we were there for our ship tour I don't remember any cell phone restrictions at all so hopefully that's still the case!

We are getting married in the first port and trying to decide if he will spend the night before in our cabin or not and if not how we are going to work it out!

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Aww that does make it a little more difficult! lol I hope it works out smoothly for you all if not seeing each other is important to you :)

I cant wait to here Ur Review on everything... I want to know how that 10:00am time werks out 4 U.. I have a time that I have in my head. 1. Folks run behind always, and then 2. I want to know as well Did U feel like U had enough Time to do what you had to.? As a matter of fact this would be a great Question even now b 4 U leave.. :) Im gonna ask..

S/N I already have someone that i want to take lil Notes/Times so I can keep up with and have a "Close as I Can Get" Time and play by play.. for the Review.. Lol.. Im soo excited for you........:D:D:p:D

Yeah, we have gone back and forth about that as well just to keep things from being crazy. However, if they tell us the same thing about 15 mins apart...that would work well because I told everyone to be there by 10am...just as a buffer to help ensure no delays on our end lol

I cant wait to here Ur Review on everything... I want to know how that 10:00am time werks out 4 U.. I have a time that I have in my head. 1. Folks run behind always, and then 2. I want to know as well Did U feel like U had enough Time to do what you had to.? As a matter of fact this would be a great Question even now b 4 U leave.. :) Im gonna ask..

S/N I already have someone that i want to take lil Notes/Times so I can keep up with and have a "Close as I Can Get" Time and play by play.. for the Review.. Lol.. Im soo excited for you........:D:D:p:D

LOL exactly! I love everyone, but I don't trust that all of them would get there by 10:30 lol they'll be alright, it's just an extra 30 mins of waiting haha. Thanks for the well wishes Shatima! I will definitely be back (once I'm settled into reality again lol) on to write a review and answer questions to help as much as I can. ;)

I also spoke with Sasha about my fiance and I not wanting to see each other prior to the ceremony and she said it would be no problem and that she will make a note for the coordinator. So for any Port of Miami brides wondering about it, there's your answer ;) I'll let you all know in my review how it went.

Yeah! Glad that working out the way you want and they understand!! Packed yet? ;)

I also spoke with Sasha about my fiance and I not wanting to see each other prior to the ceremony and she said it would be no problem and that she will make a note for the coordinator. So for any Port of Miami brides wondering about it, there's your answer ;) I'll let you all know in my review how it went.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah! Glad that working out the way you want and they understand!! Packed yet? ;)

Aww thanks! Wow, I forgot we have the same wedding (or sailing...getting married at a port or embarktion day?)date! Congrats to you too!!! I've started packing, but I'm defnitely no where near finished! Lol how about you?

Thanks, we sail same day, May 5th, our wedding is May 8th.....I'm gonna look tonight and see ifi can figure out how the ships sit in port, what time is your ceremony? I'm going to look and see if I see you on deck for pictures!!

And no not done, got. My sons done tho :) Daughters tonight, maybe mine we shall see, I'm trying to figure out who's bag I can put what extra in and stay below weight for the flight lol

Thanks, we sail same day, May 5th, our wedding is May 8th.....I'm gonna look tonight and see ifi can figure out how the ships sit in port, what time is your ceremony? I'm going to look and see if I see you on deck for pictures!!

And no not done, got. My sons done tho :) Daughters tonight, maybe mine we shall see, I'm trying to figure out who's bag I can put what extra in and stay below weight for the flight lol

Lol ooh ok, I see. Ceremony is at 1pm with reception following at 1:30pm. I didn't realize the Glory was in Miami too, that would be so funny if you did spot us lol! I don't blame you for trying to watch the luggage weight, find space wherever you can!

I think if we could drive to port ide be in big trouble lol but since we fly I have to be conservative darn it lol I'm def going to be keeping an eye out for a bride cruising the decks!

I think if we could drive to port ide be in big trouble lol but since we fly I have to be conservative darn it lol I'm def going to be keeping an eye out for a bride cruising the decks!

LOL yeah, we're in Florida so since we're driving I still have to watch it with how much I pack

Lol I went thru my suitcase last night and the kids, my goodness my living room looked like a clothing factory exploded lol I think if I could drive ide be toting along so much more than I needed for sure....my email is jaxie001@hotmail.com if you gals want to add a fb :)

Not sure if you're still looking for input, but for us it would have been nearly impossible to not see each other, although the cruise line told us they could make it work if we really wanted to.

Reasons it would have been difficult

1- We had to check-in for the cruise with paperwork and passports, I had my mother carry everything for us but having to coordinate everything for this would have been difficult

2- The wedding coordinator had a lot of questions for us when we arrived and although I could have made those decisions alone I am glad we made them together

3- Surprisingly, the officiant had us sign our marriage license right there in the terminal and NOT on the ship

4- The terminal was very open and keeping us apart without seeing each other would have been really difficult

5- Our hotel rooms were next to each other and I hadn't actually coordinated who was going into who's car (which in hindsight I wish I had done the night before) so the morning of was a huge scramble

Archived