So few Exotic Caribbean itineraries...

Looking into 2007, Spring Break time. The only ship doing this itinerary is the Empress of the Seas.

I'm surprised this itinerary isn't more popular, or at least popular enough to add more sailings of various ships.

I bet it would sell quickly.

Do you think they'll add more ships? If you've sailed on the Empress, what's your impression?

Kim

Always Planning :D

Looking into 2007, Spring Break time. The only ship doing this itinerary is the Empress of the Seas.

I'm surprised this itinerary isn't more popular, or at least popular enough to add more sailings of various ships.

I bet it would sell quickly.

Do you think they'll add more ships? If you've sailed on the Empress, what's your impression?

Kim

Always Planning :D

Have to agree with you! We wish RCI would also pick up some more stops in the caribbean. NCL does Belize frequently as well as Roatan Bay Islands, Honduras. I really wish they would look into offering a more exotic itinerary. It seems like they have five different ships taking the same route in one week. They need to break up the routes and create more diversity in the itineraries.

I have not sailed on the Empress, but loved the itinerary so much, that we have booked the 4/10/06 sailing. The reviews since the ship has been refurbished are good and we don't mind being on a small ship since the itinerary is so busy!

We agree that some of the ships sailing in the same week have identical itineraries! Since this our 14th cruise, we have been on most of the typical Eastern, Southern, Western routes!

Time for something different.

Donna

We sailed this itinerary in March and it is fabulous. Love the Empress. That was our 4th trip on her. I agree. We are looking for some different itineraries, too. I keep mentioning this on our comment cards and also in a recent survey that they sent me. The mega ships aren't appropriate for this type of cruise, though...IMO.

In 2003, the Brilliance was doing this itinerary. We had booked it for Dec of 2003 and found out some months before our departure that they had changed the Brilliance's itinerary. We cancelled and re-booked on the Summit.

Needless to say, we were very dissapointed along with a lot of other people.

You don't need a teeny ship to do it. We did the same cruise a few years earlier on the Splendour.

I have no idea why RCI uses the Empress. I was hoping that maybe they would change it soon. But it still is doing it in 2007???:confused: Yikes!

celtic

Maybe someone from RCCL will read the boards :D

I really want to do this itinerary and the Brilliance would have been ideal...

I imagine they'll open up the bookings book for more sailings for 2007. I'll keep an eye out. You know, it's never too soon to plan :p

Thanks for the responses!

Kim

We are also hoping that RCCL reads the posts and puts a better ship down in the Southern Caribbean. We would love to go to some other ports but are not fussy about sailing on the Empress.

Let's keep the pressure up.

Archived