Connie RS 6133 or 6134

ddy123

Thinking about a cruise in this suite. Has anyone stayed in either 6133 or 6134. Leaning heavily towards these two as it seems like they have a sunshade that runs the length of the balcony and we can't have a lot of sun exposure for health reasons. Any reason to think that the sun canopy would be removed during upcoming dry dock which I think is this May?

Also, I see that these two suites are above the men/ladies room on Deck 5. Any noise issues as a result?

Thanks for any info!

You are right, unlike Infinity, these Royal Suites on Connstellation have a canopy. We found there was a lack of privacy on Infinity without the canopy. I doubt very much that the canopies will be removed during the dry-dock.

There was definitely no noise problem in these suites on Constellation or Infinity.

The problem we had on Infinity [in addition to the privacy issue] was the doors. We were in 6133 on Infinity immediately after her dry-dock and there seemed to be some structural problem caused by buiding Blu immediately below. The main door to the suite, the bathroom door, the bedroom door and shower doors all had issues. The main door kept opening unless it was slammed shut [not something I am happy doing as it will disturb others]. The shower door kept opening while trying to use the shower. The bedroom door we just wedged open but the bathroom door also would not stay shut unless slammed. Then, it would jam. In the end, I got shut in the bathroom and could not get out. After my husband rammed the door to get me out [because he could not make Guest Relations understand that it was an issue!], we just never shut the bathroom door again.

Hopefully, they have fixed these issue on Infinity by now and it does not happen on Constellation [because we are in 6133 in November!].

Sue

Oh, yes, you should be fine. We are expecting any problems to have be ironed out before were sail THIS November! If there have removed the canopy, I will try to remember to post back here to let you know but we are certainly depending on it being retained. Did not like the canopy-less Infinity.

Sue

We've done 6134 in October. Excellent cabin, but the decor is a little dark. The bathroom layout isn't the best and the inward hinged shower drove me nuts. Minor, minor problems and we'd happily go there again.

The balcony isn't terribly deep so the (excellent quality) loungers are too long to turn around without lifting one end up. The awning above gives plenty of shade but it isn't full depth so you can get some sun if you need it. Our firiends were in the cabin directly above and the only way they could see us was if we all moved about to optimise the sight line through the gaps. So not absolutely private, but as close as it gets.

No DVD player, because X wants you to take pay-per-view movies but take your own discs and just ask for a player to be fitted when you get on board.

If you are very lucky, Rikki the butler will still be on board. Smashing fellow, he couldn't do enough for us.

If you look up my user name in the reviews, I posted quite a lengthy essay about the ship and the cabin.

I'd be surprised if the awning gets removed because IIRC the metal support structure was quite substantial.

Chunky2219 - Thank you for your response and for pointing me to your review. What a wonderfully detailed review. I really enjoyed reading it.....very helpful. Thank you again!

Archived