Great time on Breeze... just off!

SUSIEK

We just returned yesterday from 6 nights aboard The Breeze! We are, myself (46), hubby (39) and son (7).

Pre-cruise: We drove from Tampa to Miami and stayed overnight at The Inter-Continental Hotel Miami. Great price on priceline. Overnight parking is $36 :-0. I did know this in advance so we were not shocked. We are Miami natives and are aware of the parking in downtown. Hotel was very nice. I stayed there 10 years ago before we boarded Navigator of the Seas for our wedding. Walked over to Bayside for dinner. There is a nice playground between the hotel and Bayside that seems to be new.

Embarkation: Took the car to the parking facility we arranged prior... I think it was United Parking??? I know if was not Premier. Price was approx. $56 for the 6 nights. Shuttle to the port was quick and easy. As was the debarkation process.

We got to the ship around 10:30. Went right to the priority boarding desk, I am platinum, then to the waiting lounge. Waited around 20 minutes. There were about 40 people in the lounge. Then up to the ship! Very smooth.

Cabin: There were signs on the heavy doors that open to the hallways saying " Cabin will be ready at 1:30 UNLESS you are Platinum or Diamond...Your cabin is ready, come on in!"

We did.... and it was. Balcony cabin #7346, mid-ship, deck 7. 3 large closets, 4 side drawers on the dresser, plus the one skinny one on the top. There were also cabinets on either side of the dresser on the top. Overall.... a lot of storage for the 3 of us. Luggage came quickly. We were able to store the luggage under our bed.

The bath was nice... standard. Shower curtain, no door. Warning... the beds are hard as a rock. I did like the pillows. Cabin Steward was very nice and discreet...did a great job.

A funny - to operate the electricity in your cabin you must insert your key card into a slot by the door. My hubby had taken the key card out while I was still getting ready....the cabin went black.... I was seriously thinking "This is not good... we lost power"! I don't want to be on CNN.... Luckily that was not the case.

Food: We ate at Cucina Capitano, MDR, Guy's Burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, and the Steakhouse. Only ate the buffet maybe 2 times. Hubby liked the Deli. I liked the fruit.

We thought all the food was very good. Guy's Burger was ok... I am not much of a burger eater... thought the bun was really good and soft.

The breakfast burrito at the Cantina was great.

The comedy brunch was nice too. Although the comedian is out for only about 8 minutes...he was funny.

We would order room service each morning for coffee, toast. Always came at the exact time we ordered. Ordered sandwiches one night and it took about 45 minutes.

We ate most dinner meals in MDR. Ate between 6 - 7pm. Never had a line, but when we left the lines were long. Felt the service was excellent. We like to eat slow and enjoy the moment...(we are talkers) Average was probably about 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

Activities: Waterworks is fantastic. There is plenty of seating to watch your kids. Although we did enjoy the slides too. We were usually out right at 9am and there was no one else there. Mini golf was fun, as was the ropes course. During the sea days the ropes course would usually be closed due to winds. We took the most advantage on the 1st day after we boarded.

4-D Thrill Theater is definitely worth it. The cost was $45 for 3 of us for the entire cruise. I think there were 4 different shows which run about 20 minutes long.... very fun.

Our son loved Camp Carnival. He was there almost every evening. His age group was 6-8.

Spa: never stepped in.

Entertainment: Actually only went to 1 show - Divas. I felt the singers and dancers were talented but the show was boring. I miss the big Las Vegas style shows they used to put on. I really did not like the bright background screen. To much like an MTV video.... I haven't watched MTV in 20 years.

Ship Décor: Subtle and classy. Nothing like the old gaudy ships.

Ports: Grand Turk we just walked around. The water color was amazing.

Jamaica - we did the Jamaican Bobsled. The park is beautiful and the chair sky lift up the mountain was breathtaking... BUT INCREDIBLy high....not for those who are fearful of heights. Had a great time. Nice pool and slide also included. We did have to wait over 30 minutes for the chair sky lift due to the large amount of people at the tour.

Nassau - we purchased, on our own, the day pass for the Nassau Colonial Hilton. It was terrific. $150 for the 3 of us. This price included $98 food/beverage credit to be used at the pool bar/restaurant. Had a few Kaliks, rum punch, coke, nachos, burger and turkey club. Very nice beach chairs with the clamshells. It was a great day. Pool was nice too.

Disembarkation: sadly we were off by 8am...boohoo! No lines.

I will gladly check back to see if anyone has any questions. I am sure I missed a lot. We have booked the new Royal Princess for next March but would book another Carnival cruise in a heartbeat.

Wow. I have been reading so many positive reviews about the Breeze. I am truly looking forward to our upcoming cruise.

We're staying at the Intercontinental also...and I did a double take when I saw that it's $36 per night to park???!!! We're staying for 2 nights so... WOW!!!!:eek:

Anyway thanks for the review!

Archived