Upraded to 8A. What will we enjoy most about this???

Stepping out on the balcony first thing in the morning in your nightie! It was still pre-dawn as we approached St. Maarten when I work up and watched the sun rise as the landscape of the island change as we docked. Also if you happen to have a full moon while you're sailing....the glow of the moonlight on the water is just beautiful. Have a wonderful time and ENJOY your balcony! :D

coffee on the balcony, cocktails on the balcony, views from the balcony, pizza on the balcony. Peace and quiet on the balcony. There is nothing like it and the views at any time of day (even when you wake in the middle of the night) are phenomenal! WIll give you some GREAT memories. Have a fantastic cruise. NICE UPGRADE!!!!!

Uh oh! You've messed up now.;) No going back once you've had a balcony. As previous poster noted, you will love everything!! Certainly breakfast, port arrivals, pre-dinner drinks, post-dinner drinks, sailing with door open at night, the myriad of things you miss leaving port, and I could go on and on. My DH and I had the good fortune of being upgraded about five years ago on Destiny, and we can't do without one now. One of the funniest things to watch is "the show" at embarkation time in Cozumel. My kids wouldn't miss it for the world. Whenever we are sailing to Cozumel, I have to make sure we have a balcony cabin on the pier side to enjoy this spectacle. Those of you who have been to Cozumel know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the parade of over-indulgers coming back to the ship. Funny as all get out. Sure you could view this from the top deck rail, but it is so much better (and alot less crowded) doing it from your own balcony.

Congrats and have a great time!

Uh oh! You've messed up now.;) No going back once you've had a balcony. As previous poster noted, you will love everything!! Certainly breakfast, port arrivals, pre-dinner drinks, post-dinner drinks, sailing with door open at night, the myriad of things you miss leaving port, and I could go on and on. My DH and I had the good fortune of being upgraded about five years ago on Destiny, and we can't do without one now. One of the funniest things to watch is "the show" at embarkation time in Cozumel. My kids wouldn't miss it for the world. Whenever we are sailing to Cozumel, I have to make sure we have a balcony cabin on the pier side to enjoy this spectacle. Those of you who have been to Cozumel know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the parade of over-indulgers coming back to the ship. Funny as all get out. Sure you could view this from the top deck rail, but it is so much better (and alot less crowded) doing it from your own balcony.

Congrats and have a great time!

OH YEA so true I love that show!!!! We had an Elvis impersionater sailing with us!!! He wanted to be the last one on drunk as a skunk!!! Yes Watching the people in Cozumel is great!! Like MrPeteLi said everything!!! You will never want to go back!!!

I think my mom booking a balcony for my first cruise was the biggest mistake of her life LOL Now, I don't want to stay in anything but a balcony next year. We might as well stay in a balcony because we can't cruise more than once a year (darn college...However, I do finish in about 15 months, but then it's grad school Bleh!) I'd go out there just because I loved looking at the water.

It's your own little piece of the ship.

We order room service with the card the night before and when it comes we enjoy a little snack on the balcony before we head to the dining room or the buffet. It's great going in and out of port - especially watching the people returning - very "entertaining".

I whole heartly agree that once you do the balcony you will not want any other type of cabin. We will be hooked.

Hi Everyone. Well I have now managed to upgrarde from a 6A to an 8A. I am soooo excited and only 126 days until we go. What will my family and I enjoy most about having a balcony??:D

Best benefit is that the 6a could of been an obstructed view, the 8a should be free and clear. :)

Yeah I agree booking a balcony really spoils you!! Ever since my parents booked a balcony for us in 2002 we can't cruise in anything less! I got us a guarantee on the miracle last year and got an aft cabin on deck 6. That spoiled us even more!

I usually get up in the morning earlier than my husband so I go out on the balcony to relax and read.

I take my shower first before dinner and my husband reads on the balcony.

I have taken the most beautiful pictures from the balcony; different ports, sunrises, sunsets, other ships in port ... The best sunrise picure I got was (surprisingly) coming back home in NY harbor. Also, don't forget the binoculars .... lots to see ...

Our last 4 cruises we had a balcony and later this year we booked an inside cabin ... :rolleyes: I really can't complain ... It's our third cruise this year, and when friends asked if we wanted to go, it was the only way we could justify the extra vacation ....

You'll love it ....

Just remember on the Conquest class, the bridge hangs well over the sides of the ship and if you have a balcony near the front, you may not be as private as you think. My dw wasn't feeling any pay one evening and let just say she happened to be looking at the bridge and there was this guy, clear as day peering through his binoculars right at us. Aside from that a balcony is sheer bliss. We love leaving the door opened at night, listening to the waves and hearing the breeze while we go to sleep with that slight rocking. Its like your sleeping on a dry raft in the ocean, just you and the waves...

That is cruising!!!

Enjoy your balcony

Believe it or not - a storm! We went through Tropical Storm Arlene and waking up in the morning on Deck 8 with a balcony it was awesome. You know you are safe and on the balcony to experience the wind and rain and the waves was undescribable. Also returning to Miami at 5:00 in the morning and seeing the skyline and the other ships docked was amazing. Not only Miami but whatever port you return to and you can see this from the comfort of your bed!!!

Hi Everyone. Well I have now managed to upgrarde from a 6A to an 8A. I am soooo excited and only 126 days until we go. What will my family and I enjoy most about having a balcony??:D

I Hate You , you Waskely Wabbit ;)

Archived