Wedding Experience - Marriage License

Is there another way to obtain your Florida marriage license? It appears from the Carnival paperwork that it is $93.50 for the application which is reasonable. Then there is another $125 processing fee and then a port tax of $132.50. An I understanding that correctly?

I have a call into the Wedding Experience....left a message and waiting for a return call.

Catherine

Dream 7/13/13

Is there another way to obtain your Florida marriage license? It appears from the Carnival paperwork that it is $93.50 for the application which is reasonable. Then there is another $125 processing fee and then a port tax of $132.50. An I understanding that correctly?

I have a call into the Wedding Experience....left a message and waiting for a return call.

Catherine

Dream 7/13/13

Are you positive about the numbers? I think for me it was $132.50 for the port tax+ processing fee ($125 + 6% tax). The $93.50 was then written to the clerk of the courts. We ended up going through them since the $132.50 was worth us not worrying about it. Plus they took care of everything after the ceremony.

Catherine

Dream 7/13/13

We just went to the local clerk of courts and filled out the marriage license application and paid the fee of $93. They gave us the application that we need to get signed by the officiant and we just have to mail it out to them once we get back from our cruise and then the official license will be mailed to our home.

Catherine

Dream 7/13/13

I just paid for mine...it was $132.50 to the wedding experience and $93.50 to the court of clerks.

The only "other" expenses were the fee to have the cashiers checks processed through my bank ($6 per check), to pay to FedEx it to them (so you can track it and have record you sent it). I think I paid just over $8 for that. And I believe I have to ship it back one more time as well after I receive, sign and have it notarized, so they can do the final steps.

Archived