Departing from Baltimore

Dishbaby

We are considering booking a cruise in mid-October that leaves out of Baltimore. The first two days are at sea. I'm wondering what the weather will be like for those first two days? Is it safe to assume that it will be whatever the East Coast is having for weather? Thanks :)

My wife and I took a cruise on the pride in mid October in 2011 and the weather was nice the first two days. As I recall we were comfortable in jeans and a t shirt the first day and shorts the next. The water was nice down the Bahamas that week too. We are actually going on the pride a third time in jan and bring my two kids, parents and sisters with us for their first cruise. Anyways happy sailing!

My wife and I took a cruise on the pride in mid October in 2011 and the weather was nice the first two days. As I recall we were comfortable in jeans and a t shirt the first day and shorts the next. The water was nice down the Bahamas that week too. We are actually going on the pride a third time in jan and bring my two kids, parents and sisters with us for their first cruise. Anyways happy sailing!

We are considering booking a cruise in mid-October that leaves out of Baltimore. The first two days are at sea. I'm wondering what the weather will be like for those first two days? Is it safe to assume that it will be whatever the East Coast is having for weather? Thanks :)

We usually cruise from Balto., mid/late Oct.

Your assumption would be right ... pretty much.

Mostly the weather has been fine, but we've also had some damp, rainy condtions, and we've also had some rough weather. Even had a canceled cruise last Oct.

If the weather is dry, the next morning you should start feeling warmer temps.

Go for it! ;)

weather was jeans and sweatshirt on the day we left and the full next day. second full day was shorts and t shirt or bathing suit weather. port canaveral was mid 80s and nice. both days in the bahamas were in the mid 80s. hit a storm coming back north and were not allowed on outside decks the entire last day and 2 nites. seas were very rough. the ship rode well though, and we just took advantage of the indoor things, and there is a cover over the mid ship pool. did arrive back in baltimore about 5 hours late. i would probably not leave from a northern port that late in the season again, and am looking at cruises from florida for this year at that time.

doug

As the responses are beginning to show, it will be unpredictable. Some Octobers, I have gone in the ocean swimming in Ocean City, Maryland. For our October cruise on Pride in 2012, it was cold and raining on day 1 and the pool area was not in use until day three.

Archived