Another Navigator/ Galveston comment Cindy, are you out there ?

Maybe I am flogging a dead mule , but after reading posts from Cindy who was on the Mariner after us, stated that she was told that the ship IS coming to Galveston year round . Another poster showed a screen shot of his booking for June with the itinerary and all....So I call my TA from the largest travel agency in the US and she calls Royal while I am on the phone and talks to the dedicated staff at Royal that deals with this agency, and they had no info to share whatsoever..I really believe that Royal will just not admit it.. So how did someone actually book a cruise for June 2014 on the Navigator from Galveston..CINDY, please chime in , and I apologize if this has been run into the ground, but it is bugging the heck out of me..

I wish I could help you, but I don't know anything more than what I was told on the Mariner and have read here in the last week.

I do think we'll have Navigator here year-round, but like you I wish they'd hurry up and get the cruises on their website!:) Patience isn't one of my virtues!:o

I apologize for starting such a fuss with my original post. I had no idea that bookings hadn't opened for at least TAs at the time. I am assuming being able to book my 6/8 sailing was a fluke with an open window for a short time. RCCL has however already charged my cc with the deposit. The date is also right for the Jamaican run if you figure alternate sailings from 5/4. Also the 4/27 would normally be a TA but isn't. Also it is a perfect time for RCCL to make headway against Carnival in Galveston with the trouble Carnival has been having. That all being said I am confident that we will have the Navigator full time at least thru spring of 2015. I think the delay in posting this on their site could be finalizing port space and charges for the summer. If you use a TA I would contact them and give them the Belize or Jamaica itinerary, the date you want to cruise and a cabin number and ask them to book it as soon as it opens. That's really what they are there for. If you book yourself just keep checking the boards for the opening date.

Just been sent another message! Press release today. Navigator in Galveston year round. Was in Cruise Industry News.

Disappointed as wanted to do med on her next year but pleased for all you people out in the Galveston area:)

Will be Norway on the Indy for me now then.:D:D

Just been told that she's back in the med next year. :D can't divulge my source but am pretty confident it's accurate.

I think you got some bad information...Galveston sailings are open for booking by calling C&A even though they're not showing on the website yet.

Just been sent another message! Press release today. Navigator in Galveston year round. Was in Cruise Industry News.

Disappointed as wanted to do med on her next year but pleased for all you people out in the Galveston area:)

Will be Norway on the Indy for me now then.:D:D

I think you got some bad information...Galveston sailings are open for booking by calling C&A even though they're not showing on the website yet.

Sorry, Navigat8 -- We were posting at the same time!

We're very behind here in the U.K! Cruising Power Uk has been showing NOS as sailing out of Rome in 2014 for a few weeks and RCI here were sure that was correct. Never mind, it's great for us to have Indy and Adventure in Southampton and Brilliance from Harwich. The itineraries are pretty good too.

May have to venture out to Galveston sometime to cruise on our favourite ship.

Gill

Not a problem Cindy!

Silly question time. I'm useless at Geography. Is Galveston anywhere near North Carolina? We met some lovely people on Freedom last year and would be good to combine a cruise with a visit to them

Gill

Not a problem Cindy!

Silly question time. I'm useless at Geography. Is Galveston anywhere near North Carolina? We met some lovely people on Freedom last year and would be good to combine a cruise with a visit to them

Gill

LOL Galveston is in TEXAS. Quite a ways from North Carolina:)

From Cruise Industry News

Royal Caribbean International announced today that it is basing 3,114-guest Navigator of the Seas year-round from the Texas port city of Galveston. The Voyager-class ship that first introduced ice skating at sea will sail seven-night western Caribbean itineraries after emerging from an extensive drydock revitalization in February 2014

During her drydock, signature Royal Caribbean features, such as the FlowRider surf simulator and dining venues like Giovanni’s Table, Park Café and Izumi Asian Cuisine will be added.

At the same time, new features such as Virtual Balconies for select interior staterooms, new panoramic oceanview staterooms – featuring full-length, floor-to-ceiling windows and unique new dining and entertainment concepts will be introduced to surprise and delight guests.

“We are thrilled to be homeporting Navigator of the Seas, with her new enhancements and first at-sea amenities year-round in Galveston,” said Lisa Bauer, executive vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “As part of our commitment to delivering the most innovative and contemporary vacation experiences to guests, the iconic FlowRider, as well as the new Virtual Balconies, will be among a new range of amenities being introduced aboard the Voyager class of ships – making every ship our best ship. These exciting and unmatched onboard amenities on Navigator of the Seas, offer adventurous family vacationers many opportunities to be WOW’ed in ways that only Royal Caribbean can deliver.”

As part of an extensive program to enhance very ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Navigator of the Seas also will receive many of the most popular and innovative concepts and amenities that were introduced aboard the world-acclaimed and revolutionary Oasis-class ships.

Not a problem Cindy!

Gill

Close is relative, I guess. I think there are direct flights from London to Charlotte, North Carolina. From Charlotte to Houston, TX would be about another 2 hr flight.

Archived