Shipboard booking?

Does RCCL still offer shipboard credit if you book a future cruise while on a cruise? I will be sailing in December and wonder if I should wait and book my 2006 cruise then. Now that all agents offer the same price as RCCL.

Thanx.

Does RCCL still offer shipboard credit if you book a future cruise while on a cruise? I will be sailing in December and wonder if I should wait and book my 2006 cruise then. Now that all agents offer the same price as RCCL.

Thanx.

It depends on how far out the 06 cruise is. I've had clients that waited to book and technically, it cost them more and I've had others that booked on board and came out a head.

Yes, you can still book on board and yes they offer credits. However, there are also early bird booking prices. Sometimes you are better off booking as early as possible than waiting, as the price escalates and therefore negates your credit! Also if cabin selection is important to you, obviously the coveted cabins go first and quickly as well as the more popular dates or cruise destinations.

Thanx for the info everybody. I am going to go ahead and book now. It's not worth waiting and risking the price going up for $100 credit.

PJ

and then you can check when you are onboard, and if the price hasn't gone up, re-book!

That's what we did.

book your reservation now or when you had planned to, using your usual method, your tA or on line yourself.

Then when you sail and they offer the credit check to see what the pricing is.

If you come out ahead book a new cabin while on board. When you get home you can cancel your other reservation and have them slide the payment over to your new reservation.

Does that make sense?

That assumes that you're sailing within the full cancellation window, also.

PJ - You're welcome - Here's how ours worked. We booked a 13 night repositioning cruise of the Grandeur from Baltimore and ending in New Orleans. The length gave us the $200 per cabin credit. Since the Grandeur has limited balconies we booked as soon as it came available for Nov 06. It just happened to be while we were onboard so it worked out well. The really nice part was that since we were onboard, all of our booking info and TA's info was on the system so it only took moments to book the Nov 06 cruise. Our TA received credit for the booking. The way our TA works is that if the price should happen to go down at any point prior to the day of sailing, our price goes down. It never goes up. Some cruises do go down but not many especially on the newer ships and especially the prime cabins. Have a great cruise.

Archived