Watershoes?

apey9995

We will be cruising in October with our boys, ages 2 and 6.

What's everyone's take on water shoes for the kids? We are going to St. Thomas, HMC, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Do you think they will need them in any of these ports? Thanks in advance! :)

We will be cruising in October with our boys, ages 2 and 6.

What's everyone's take on water shoes for the kids? We are going to St. Thomas, HMC, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Do you think they will need them in any of these ports? Thanks in advance! :)

I would say yes if you plan on going to the beach. Much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. The sand can be hot and/or the beach could be rocky so in both cases it's better to have their little feet protected. I plan on buying my daughter some water shoes, I just recently purchased her swim/life vest.

You'll want to have water shoes for them in Grand Turk if you are planning to go in the ocean there.

There's a nice huge pool at Margarietaville so that might be an option for you.

You won't need water shoes at your other ports.

LuLu

~~~~

the beach at grand turk has alot of rocks in the water and so did one of the beaches at st thomas

Which beach in St. Thomas?

We've never needed water shoes at any beach on St.Thomas so would like to know on which they were needed to make sure we avoid.

LuLu

~~~~

We did NOT need them at Magen's Bay in ST. The only beach we needed them was Curacao....and of course didn't bring them! Toss them in your beach bag, so easy to bring along.

I would bring them just in case.

Although, we didn't encounter any trouble in Grand Turk last week. There were a couple of rocks up near the "top" of the beach by the chairs, but the sand near the water and in the water was great. Only one spot of a large rock (but you could see it- like 3 feet!) underwater and one patch of sea weed underwater.

At Half Moon Cay, you will want to just walk in that sand for hours! So soft!

Have a great time!

Kim

Archived