Celebrity Riedel Wine Glass Forum

svnseas

Can't seem to locate any definitive description of just what this entails and how it is priced. It starts out at $82 pp and shows the wines offered ... but just how is this put together? Since you must buy it for the entire cruise ... it just doesn't seem to make sense or else it is a terrific deal - which i doubt.

Harry :confused:

Can't seem to locate any definitive description of just what this entails and how it is priced. It starts out at $82 pp and shows the wines offered ... but just how is this put together? Since you must buy it for the entire cruise ... it just doesn't seem to make sense or else it is a terrific deal - which i doubt.

We did the Riedel Wine Workshop earlier this month. It was held on one of the last sea days and lasted about 1 hour. We tried several wines using both the Riedel glasses and the regular glasses. Was a lot of fun and we are enjoying our glasses at home. It wasn't really a wine tasting, but a demonstration of the glasses.

The $82 includes a set of glasses. You can do the class without buying the glasses, at least you could in January, and it was much cheaper. I really enjoyed it and it was amazing what a difference the glass made.

In case you haven't caught this from the above posts, this is a single short event held one day of the cruise and usually on a sea day afternoon. It is sort of like a wine tasting but more geared towards demonstrating or selling the glasses and the price includes a set of one each of several different Reidel glasses for you to take home or have shipped home.

Despite the fact that this is listed on the Beverage Package page of Celebrity's web site it is not a beverage package.

Edited by Lsimon

• 8 months later...

There are many ways to enjoy wine. Though pricy the thin Riedel glass is certainly one.

For me my favorites are,straight from the bottle,curbside in a brown bag...so natural. Or,sipped from the inside of a 5 inch stiletto heeled pump...so romantic !

There are many ways to enjoy wine. Though pricy the thin Riedel glass is certainly one.

For me my favorites are,straight from the bottle,curbside in a brown bag...so natural. Or,sipped from the inside of a 5 inch stiletto heeled pump...so romantic !

Is there a "like" button??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We did this several years ago and enjoyed it. You get to taste various wines in a "standard" glass and in the appropriate Riedel. There is a difference as the Riedel glasses are shaped to put the wine in the right place on your tongue. Not sure if they still do it, but if you sign up through your sommelier instead of on-line, you don't pay tax and you get your wine during the cruise served in Riedel glasses.

They used to let you take the glasses with you (they're well packed) or hand you coupons to order on line and pay $15/box of 4 for shipping ($25 to Canada). If you're doing price comparison - these are the Riedel Vinum glasses, which sell for about $25 each on popular web sites, not the cheaper Riedel available at the big box retailers. I liked them enough to order another two shapes (Shiraz and Port).

Another fun onboard wine activity was the wine/food pairing. DW and I really enjoyed learning how the different wines complement foods.

j

When are the glasses given to participates in the Riedel wine tasting?

We are driving to the port and will be taking them off with us.

Thanks

When we took this seminar last year, they did not have the boxed glasses for you to take with you off of the ship (good thing too- the boxes are of a good size, and we were flying home). You are given a card with a special code in which to order them when you get home. I think it was $15 shipping charge, but the glasses are really worth it!!