Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska 2014 JS

Hello fellow cruisers! Booked birthday cruise to Alaska in July 2014 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Booked a JS, Cabin 8102. Wondering if anyone has sailed in that room. Having angst about cabin selection. Was in 8032, but asked to move since I was worried about us being under the pool since I have read that you can hear the deck chairs being moved around and I'm a light sleeper. Any pros and cons on aft cabins? Would really appreciate any and all information you can share! :) I just want to make sure we're in a good location where I can sit on the balcony and watch the glaciers as we pass by. Thanks to all!

We did that cruise last July, same ship. I promise you, there will be very little pool activity until the last day most likely when you get to Victoria. The crew said we had had the best weather all season, and it was still not pool weather.

Can't speak to either room though.

We honestly didn't do much ship excursion wise.

We took the shuttle from the ship to downtown Juneau. We did take the tram up the Mountain and it was great. The weather was beautiful so that made it worth it. Then we walked around the shops and then lounged around the Solarium watching the float planes come in for water landings right in front of the ship.

In Skagway we actually walked into town. Walked through the shops and headed back to a quiet ship. We did have friends do the Yukon trip and they loved it.

In Victoria we took the shuttle to downtown. We walked around, basked in the sun, grabbed a Starbucks and just milled around. We had friends go to the Gardens though, and of course that's a great choice. I've been there before though and didn't wish to go back.

We had a great, leisurely cruise at our own pace. We saw whales off the ship, including Orcas.

Loved it. Have fun.

Thank you Tracy and Scoutleeoz! Scout, I look forward to hearing what you think about the cabin. I'm getting so excited (and I have more than a year to wait!). My travel agent was pretty excited with the cabin, and now you have confirmed it's a good one!

Tracy, I am HOPING that we get to see whales (and Orcas!). I've always wanted to take the Alaska cruise, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

• 11 months later...
Hello fellow cruisers! Booked birthday cruise to Alaska in July 2014 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Booked a JS, Cabin 8102. Wondering if anyone has sailed in that room. Having angst about cabin selection. Was in 8032, but asked to move since I was worried about us being under the pool since I have read that you can hear the deck chairs being moved around and I'm a light sleeper. Any pros and cons on aft cabins? Would really appreciate any and all information you can share! :) I just want to make sure we're in a good location where I can sit on the balcony and watch the glaciers as we pass by. Thanks to all!

Hi Joromax,

My wife and I are staying in 8102 in a few weeks time, what did you think and how was the views from aft while going through the Alaskan seas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or comments