Aegeen Odyssey new cabins on the Lido Deck

• 3 weeks later...
I am interested in knowing how you know what cruise you will be on in 2014. We have not received any schedule in the US.

The first reply to your question was what I expected. I saw the advertisement by Expo for the cruise on the Aegean Odyssey (when I Googled Voyages to Antiquity 2014), and you can also by going to their website. When I contacted my travel agent, she contacted to V2A. They claim to be in the final phase of having a brocure out for their 2014 cruises by the end of May.

She was also told that Expo had chartered the entire ship for this 26-day period from mid May to mid June (actually two 13-day back-to-back cruises). She told me that these cruises are not being sold by V2A and that travel agents cannot book them with Expo on behalf of their clients. The cruises have nice itineraries, but you most deal directly with Expo to get them. I am not really very familiar with Expo, but there have been several passengers who have booked with them on the last three sailings I have had with V2A. I would have looked into the first of their chartered cruises if I did not have a conflict with the dates. I hope V2A will have something similar at a different time.

Really wish I'd been given some kind of notice re this special cruise because I would have booked it instead of my other choice. All my info was that the programs weren't ready yet but I guess this trip was a special like the contract ones they do later in the summer. Too bad:(

• 1 month later...

Archived