Port hole -Early Saver price drop

Hi,

If all the 4A porthole rooms (quad) are sold out am I still able to get a price drop on a porthole room by watching the price of a 4A inside room?

Or am able to watch the price of a 4A (double) porthole room and see if they have had any price drops?

I hope you understand what I am asking, this is a confusing question:eek:

Thanks!!!!!

Oddly enough we were able to get a price drop on our porthole when it was sold out. I don't know why we got it but we thought "what the heck" when we saw it and submitted the paperwork. We were absolutely SHOCKED when we were approved.

I guess it wont hurt to try. It worked out for us.

If you are in the 4A category, your changes of getting a price drop are better than the 4J category. We just had porthole rooms on the dream. Our friends had a 4A porthole and were able to receive 2 price drops. We were in a 4J and despite my husbands best efforts, we didn't receive anything. We were told by several people at carnival the only way we could receive a price drop was if the ocean view, dropped lower than the price we paid.

Hi,

If all the 4A porthole rooms (quad) are sold out am I still able to get a price drop on a porthole room by watching the price of a 4A inside room?

Or am able to watch the price of a 4A (double) porthole room and see if they have had any price drops?

I hope you understand what I am asking, this is a confusing question:eek:

Thanks!!!!!

my 12/12 cruise dropped $150 pp for a porthole, from $429 to $279.

my 7/12 porthole dropped about $80 pp.

i always compare porthole-to-porthole so don't know if you can price against other categories. even after portholes are sold out, keep checking. as folks cancel or upgrade portholes can become available again.

Just this week I saw that a lot of prices on my next cruise had dropped. I called and asked to have my porthole price changed. They said that there were no other porthole cabins avail to compare prices to so my price would stay the same....I was able to change to a midship ocean view cabin for $24/person so decided to do that instead but when I looked about 10 minutes later to "book" a porthole room-my old cabin was there for $100 less than what I had paid-what the heck, that's all I was trying to do in the first place.....OH well, I will like a midship cabin better anyways but I just was trying to stay in the same cabin and get if for the price it is available for everyone else today!! Crazy

We have connecting rooms on the Dream in January - my husband and I are in an oceanview connecting to a porthole cabin where my three kids will be staying. We were able to get a price drop on our cabin this week but were not able to on the kids room because there were not any more porthole cabins available that would hold 3. I'll keep watching but I'm not really expecting any price drops on their room... just hoping that I get some more on mine!

Keep watching prices as we also had a porthole and when the prices were dropping we upgraded to OV for $80.00 than a couple days later were able to upgrade to Balcony on Lido deck for $10.00. For $90.00 way worth going from a porthole to balcony.

Keep watching prices as we also had a porthole and when the prices were dropping we upgraded to OV for $80.00 than a couple days later were able to upgrade to Balcony on Lido deck for $10.00. For $90.00 way worth going from a porthole to balcony.

Same here. Except not as cheap as you... on our cruise the portholes were sold out as well. So we upgraded to a midship OV. Then the price dropped on that and we upgraded to the highest balcony possible because of free best available upgrades. We paid quite a bit more than $90, but we're in a great location and happy to have the balcony.

Archived