Worth trying Thomson?

Really like the look of some of the itinereraries of the Thomson ships, particularly around Egypt. Bit concerned it will be a bit like the old Ocean Village ships though...a holiday I wouldn't want to do again..

What's it like on board? Wouldn't expect 5 star..but just not rough lol..

Really like the look of some of the itinereraries of the Thomson ships, particularly around Egypt. Bit concerned it will be a bit like the old Ocean Village ships though...a holiday I wouldn't want to do again..

Not at all "rough". Smallish ships, 1200 - 1500 passengers. Fantastic crew. Amazing entertaimment. Great food. Can't fault it.

Not at all "rough". Smallish ships, 1200 - 1500 passengers. Fantastic crew. Amazing entertaimment. Great food. Can't fault it.

I will second that, I always think of Thomson's as the fun cruise line.

I actually liked OV2 .What was it you didn`t like MC about it?When it bunked off to Australia was left looking for a cruise ship similar to it in terms of casual cruising.Thomson Dream although not the same standard as OV2 in decor,cabins or food we`ve grown to love it and will now be going on our 4th cruise on her

Wouldn`t expect 5 star

You wont be disappointed then :wink:

I actually liked OV2 .What was it you didn`t like MC about it?When it bunked off to Australia was left looking for a cruise ship similar to it in terms of casual cruising.Thomson Dream although not the same standard as OV2 in decor,cabins or food we`ve grown to love it and will now be going on our 4th cruise on her

You wont be disappointed then :wink:

Agree with Jim, loved OV2 and now going on Dream for 3rd time. Did Majesty last year and quite liked it too!

We are with Thomsons for first time 3rd August, Spirit to Norway. Several friends recommended Thomsons to us. We have used RCI. NCL and Ocean Village before. Original OV was a great ship. We loved the informal nature of the cruise,large cabins, great buffet food and entertainment. If Thomsons is half as good we will be very pleased. Don't really like the formal side of cruising but prepared to take part if called upon. I do own a DJ which my mates in the warehouse find hilarious. We really love buffet eating which I understand Thomsons does well. As we are not flying and weight not an issue might take the DJ and do the Gala night. Do they do anything special in the buffet on Gala Night eg table cloths and no. 1 uniforms? They did on Jewel of the Seas which was nice. Especially for families with young children.

Quote: Do they do anything special in the buffet on Gala Night eg table cloths and no. 1 uniforms? They did on Jewel of the Seas which was nice. Especially for families with young children.

Yes. It's the same on Thomson in the buffet for Gala night.

Archived