Booking Question...Help!!!

Maybe I'm in a premature panic but tell me what you all think...here goes...sorry if I'm being long winded but I want to make sure I've given you all the facts...

I booked a cruise on the Enchantment for Dec 2006 and made my deposit with an online TA....all went well until last night when I got an ivoice for one of my cabins (I booked 2 and never got an invoice for the second one). Anyway....they charged me $74 for insurance which the TA said was already included in the price. So I contacted the TA and told him about it and my answer was basically that the girls in the office who issue the invoices are not the sharpest tools in the shed and I should disregard the amount charged for insurance. Ok....but shouldn't I get a corrected invoice and also one for the 2nd cabin???? I'm feeling like I want to see my final amount in writing for both cabins. Am I being silly? Now I'm nervous and feeling like I should just cancel and rebook with RCI....I should mention that I do have a booking number and I can see that I have a reservation on RCI's website.....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Debbie

Yes, I would definitely want a correct invoice. I would also be wary of a TA that has employees described as "unsharp tools in the shed." :D

Personally, unless you're saving a huge amount of money (unlikely with the new policies out), I'd cancel and rebook with RCCL directly, or even a different TA with hopefully "sharper tools." ;)

JMHO, I think it's always better to buy your insurance separately. I can't find the website right now, but I saved a lot on our insurance on the Mariner last January and the benefits were a lot better. The website was recommended by a lot of people on this board, so someone will probably know it...it's the one that gives a lot of different companies as an option.

Debbie, you are not being silly or overly nervous, just cautious. You need to insist upon a corrected version of the invoice, not that difficult for them to do. That way, down the road if there are problems you will have avoided the "she said, he said" confusion should it arise.

Guest cruzr44

Tell them you want a corrected invoice for the one cabin and an invoice for the second cabin. If they cannot provide you with that I would not deal with them. Before you cancel find out if they charge a cancellation fee and how much it is. They may not tell you up front and deduct it from your deposit. http://www.insuremytrip.com will give you plenty of insurance options. We use Travel Guard.

It has been my experience both professionally and personally to use the cruise line insurance. I always used travelinsured but have recently discovered the benefit of the 75% credit towards a future cruise that the insurance companies do not provide. Also never ever pay a TA directly. ALways pay the cruise line and ask the TA for a fax confirmation. You can always do a three way phone conversation the the TA and cruise line and make the payments via your credit card. If you have paid for the deposit only you can change that reservation to either yourself and deal with the cruise line directly or give it to anothe travel agent TA.

Sorry, Faye, but that's not correct.

If you have booked with one travel agent, regardless of the payment status, you cannot yourself take the booking as a direct or switch travel agencies.

Of course, you're able to make another booking directly or through another agent, but the original travel agency owns the first booking and you may not get a refund (due to agency policy) or be able to get the same pricing (if the price has gone up).

If your original travel agency is willing to release the booking to either you or another travel agent then that can be done, but there is a procedure to follow and it is NOT done on the telephone at the request of the booked passenger.

I did not say it could be done on the phone. I just said that if you have a deposit down on a booking , it can be transferred to a direct booking for the passenger or to another travel agent. The three way phone conversation was about making a payment.

Thanks again to all who offered support and suggestions during my moments (yes there were a few) of panic....

It took 2 days but I finally got the insurance issue resolved. It was my TA's error but they are still giving me the insurance free of charge and have given me nice new corrected invoices. Next cruise I'm booking myself....then when there's a problem I have no one to blame but myself....LOL

Archived