Breakaway balcony ?????

Wfbjr52

someone posted this photo in another thread of an angled balcony, which they found to be bigger than a regular balcony:

3.1367600676.hump-balcony.jpg[/

That is cabin 11274, it was mine for the transatlantic and our balcony was larger. This shot is taken at the narrow side and it was wider on the side by the door.

That's my stateroom!! I will be sailing in that very room on my way to the Bahamas on Dec 1, 2013!!! Take good care of it! Glad I was able to snag that angled balcony for some extra leg room. Perhaps I will bring along a portable table for my morning coffee!

I bet the balconies have a large amount of research behind them. Problem is that research and focus don't always reflect true feelings. I was in a focus group for Nissan's Murano convertible. My session had many positive reviews and thoughts. Reality is that it ain't sellin.

TVlady, we enjoyed the cabin and had plenty of room in the cabin and balcony. The bed is positioned next to the closet and it worked okay for us but I could be a tight fit for some.

We had no noise from the elevators as they are completely around the corner from the rooms and hallways. It was a very convenient location for the restaurants downstairs as well as the buffet upstairs.

The small table on the balcony is large enough to hold your snacks and coffee (wine).

TVlady, we enjoyed the cabin and had plenty of room in the cabin and balcony. The bed is positioned next to the closet and it worked okay for us but I could be a tight fit for some.

We had no noise from the elevators as they are completely around the corner from the rooms and hallways. It was a very convenient location for the restaurants downstairs as well as the buffet upstairs.

The small table on the balcony is large enough to hold your snacks and coffee (wine).

Thank you for all your info. I'm sure we will really enjoy it.:)

posting from the ship (in a category MA room; standard sized balcony). yes, it is small. no, it did not bother me. i'm 5'6''. i sat out this morning and got some work done on my macbook on my lap. it was lovely. (edit: the only reason i'm not doing that now is because is raining. boo.)

to answer the bed by the closet or balcony question, they are staggered. so every other room has the bed near the closet and every other room has the bed near the balcony. i'm in the bed-near-the-balcony room. which i wold not prefer, but really, it gives you ample access to the closet. and yes, the couch is big enough to use as a single bed--if anyone was wondering.

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't even be able to cross my legs on that balcony. We always get a balcony cabin or mini suite but I'm thinking of opting for a window room now. Not worth the extra money for standing room only.

We booked the "balcony for the price of an oceanview" promo and I am glad I only paid that after seeing these pictures! Won't be usable for me. I have a hard time sitting all cramped up like that--my knees just kill me.

I like to recline on a lounger...sigh...between this and the price of the Spa Pass now a ridiculous $199/person I told my husband we will actually be joining the "masses" out on deck, lol.

Well, mama always told me I should get out more.

We booked the "balcony for the price of an oceanview" promo and I am glad I only paid that after seeing these pictures! Won't be usable for me. I have a hard time sitting all cramped up like that--my knees just kill me.

I like to recline on a lounger...sigh...between this and the price of the Spa Pass now a ridiculous $199/person I told my husband we will actually be joining the "masses" out on deck, lol.

Well, mama always told me I should get out more.

We had a BC but upgraded to a B1 so I went from a teeny tiny balcony to now an oversized balcony on deck 12. Balconies are important to me we use them alot in the morning and at night and with 3 sea days we will use it all day those days too. I prefer having my own balcony than to go up to the top deck and deal with the masses. I look at the price of this upgrade as an "onboard excursion" and won't be buying weekly spa passes, vibe passes, or purchase cabanas on board. We are very happy now we will be!

Also, those still looking for pictures and additional information, bear3412 put together this google attachment with pictures (click on the visual aid for each catagory)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

you can find it in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

I'm also booked on deck 9 fwd B6 cabins and would love some pics/feedback on the room/balcony. I was told they had a larger balcony hope it's true :0)

They are definitely bigger - about 70 sqf. Check out this picture.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Just so I get this straight.

B1 aft balcony

deck 9's are the biggest balcony and get smaller as you go up?

.....from the Google Doc:

Balcony size varies on each deck. Largest to smallest; 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13.

wasiii

We had a BC but upgraded to a B1 so I went from a teeny tiny balcony to now an oversized balcony on deck 12. Balconies are important to me we use them alot in the morning and at night and with 3 sea days we will use it all day those days too. I prefer having my own balcony than to go up to the top deck and deal with the masses. I look at the price of this upgrade as an "onboard excursion" and won't be buying weekly spa passes, vibe passes, or purchase cabanas on board. We are very happy now we will be!

Also, those still looking for pictures and additional information, bear3412 put together this google attachment with pictures (click on the visual aid for each catagory)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

you can find it in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843049

We may end doing the same, but not deck 12. I don't want the noise issue. We were on deck 11 aft on the Epic and did not have a problem. So, either 11 or 10 for us. The only thing I do not like about the aft-facing cabins on this ship is the "tunnel". It is so dark and closed .... I am spoiled with having a corner aft-facing on the Epic twice in a row. Big, open, and airy. I'm not sure I will like the tunnel look and feel of the Breakaway's aft-facing cabins. Oh geez - maybe I should just keep the balcony cabin I booked already.

..... Oh geez - maybe I should just keep the balcony cabin I booked already.

Yeah, .... glad I don't have theses decision, albeit first world ones.

Life's tough when your challenging decision revolves around 6, 8, 13, or 16 foot deep balcony on the newest ship at sea. :p :D

Yeah, .... glad I don't have theses decision, albeit first world ones.

Life's tough when your challenging decision revolves around 6, 8, 13, or 16 foot deep balcony on the newest ship at sea. :p :D

I know, right? It does sound silly LOL

This was our first cruise with an aft facing balcony. And since the number of cabins left at the time of the bookings were limited, we were given the handicap m1 cabin. Both room and balcony was very spacious. Balcony was covered but it turned out to be a plus since we had some weather during the week.

While being in the handicap room was a plus. There are a couple items missing from a HC room that we noticed were included in the regular balcony rooms (we assume due to space limitations): Not must storage in bath rooms, and no couch- but there was a small comfortable chair instead...

The only other warning to give was the noise coming from H20 spice zone at night. It was rather loud but we were able to sleep through it. And it did seem to us that it would be not be too much softer if we were on a lower floor or much of the other rooms toward the back of the ship would also hear it.

We did enjoy the room and we plan to book another aft facing cruise on NCL soon. Attached are some of our pictures of the room.

This was our first cruise with an aft facing balcony. And since the number of cabins left at the time of the bookings were limited, we were given the handicap m1 cabin. Both room and balcony was very spacious. Balcony was covered but it turned out to be a plus since we had some weather during the week.

While being in the handicap room was a plus. There are a couple items missing from a HC room that we noticed were included in the regular balcony rooms (we assume due to space limitations): Not must storage in bath rooms, and no couch- but there was a small comfortable chair instead...

The only other warning to give was the noise coming from H20 spice zone at night. It was rather loud but we were able to sleep through it. And it did seem to us that it would be not be too much softer if we were on a lower floor or much of the other rooms toward the back of the ship would also hear it.

We did enjoy the room and we plan to book another aft facing cruise on NCL soon. Attached are some of our pictures of the room.

WilsonHold@gmail.com,

We are booked in the M1 on the Getaway. I did not see any pictures attached. Could you please post them?

Thanks!

Lori

I was thinking of switching from a mini suite to one of the angled balcony cabins that face aft. 12238 It looks like everyone can see directly into the balcony, and you can see into all the other balconies toward the aft. Is this the case?

Archived