Cruise Search Bug on Carnival.com?

webzila

So I noticed this weird pricing glitch on the Carnival website...

I go to check the prices for a cruise I have booked Jul 20 from Galvestion, TX. In the special rates section I only put that I am a resident of TX. Ocean View price that I get is $449

Then I go an modify the special rate section to also show rates for VIFP Club or Past Guests. After updating the results the Ocean View rate jumps from $449 to $729

I dont get it. Carnival is charging you more if you are a VIFP member or past guest??? :confused:

Then even after unchecking the special rate options, the only way that I can get the lower price is to clear all temp files and restart the browser.

I had this happen on multiple computers and multiple browsers so its not me. There is something up with the Carnivals cruise search system...

So I noticed this weird pricing glitch on the Carnival website...

I go to check the prices for a cruise I have booked Jul 20 from Galvestion, TX. In the special rates section I only put that I am a resident of TX. Ocean View price that I get is $449

Then I go an modify the special rate section to also show rates for VIFP Club or Past Guests. After updating the results the Ocean View rate jumps from $449 to $729

I dont get it. Carnival is charging you more if you are a VIFP member or past guest??? :confused:

Then even after unchecking the special rate options, the only way that I can get the lower price is to clear all temp files and restart the browser.

I had this happen on multiple computers and multiple browsers so its not me. There is something up with the Carnivals cruise search system...

When I searched OV obstructed view, Aft, Main Deck, Past Guest The Total is 898 (for 2 people). (then $93.2 in taxes)

I selected Texas but there wasn't a texas rate.

It happens with hotels, car rentals, airfare...just about everything. So, like you said, delete cookies, search history, temp file etc. Some sites even store your ip address. Just the way it is...:(

I just thought it was weird that the price for the same room / same date doubled after I entered my VIFP # and re-ran the search.

Carnival maybe hurting themselves. Someone may not pay attention or look into this further and just say screw this high rate and move on where in fact the price is really much lower

Archived