Which are the "sweet spot" cabin on Indy?

How do you find out which rooms are on the hump?

You can tell which are on the hump when you look at the deck plans. Hump are the ones on the "bump out" usually by the elevators, mid ship.

We typically do aft, and love those over sized balconies. But, wanted to try this too so we can compare.

Our Favorite balcony cabins on Indy are aft wrap #7708 or 7408. Balcony is as large as the room. Very quiet hallway.

Don't tell anybody.....

We have friends that stay in those cabins and hang a hammock out on the balcony!

I know. Aft is secret (but not really).

Our favorite spot on Voyager and Freedom class ships is deck 9 near the forward elevators. The forward elevators are almost always less crowded or have a shorter wait than the aft. Also, it's two floors up to the gym and solarium and just three up to the top deck.

We had a forward JS on deck 9 on Indy last month and loved it.

We just left Indy last Saturday after having cabin 7342 hump balcony. Great cabin right next to the lifts and stairs. No noise or disturbance, large balcony with lounger and chairs. Would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked cabin 7642 next year. Did the two cabins furthest forward on the hump obstruct your view at all? Do you have any photos of your balcony?

We have booked cabin 7642 next year. Did the two cabins furthest forward on the hump obstruct your view at all? Do you have any photos of your balcony?

I have had some success checking specific cabin numbers on you tube. That might help you out. Happy sailing!

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the great tips all! I'm on the hunt for my favorite RCI cabin now and will hope to check out the 'bump' and 'D1' cabins soon. They both have what I'm looking for - proximity to most of my amenities and spacious rooms. If there's a secret ocean view cabin with HUGE Windows please give a shout as well - I love those.

Thanks for the great tips all! I'm on the hunt for my favorite RCI cabin now and will hope to check out the 'bump' cabins soon. But after doing research I'm unsure about the Aft/D1/14/1700 cabins. I prefer the front of the size for the views. So if anyone knows of secret ocean view cabin with HUGE Windows please give a shout as well - I love those. I'm researching 9504 now. now.

We were on Indy December 2013. We had 3 cabins on Deck 6, E2, "hump" cabins. We had cabins 6636, 6638, 6640. Very quiet, easy access, loved being able to see left and right of the balcony. Only cabin issue was 6640...when you opened the door everyone in the lounge area by the elevators could see in. But still an awesome balcony. This location allowed me to have my first cruise without any seasickness issues. I will always book a hump cabin unless we get to book a JS.