Captain's welcome reception

Eliger

We are now preparing to get our stuff together for the May 18th sailing of the PG. We now have our docs for that sailing and I read the following regarding the dress on the PG: "No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may wish to bring a blazer to wear on the evening of the Captain's welcome reception."

What would the majority of men wear for that occasion? Personally, it doesn't really matter either way, but I would want to do like the majority. Or even if there were 25% wearing a jacket for that occasion, I may want to bring one. :)

Gerry

No almost none...a few jackets over dress shirts or even golf shirts, but most men were in " Hawaiian style" silk shirts, as the dressier night, and maybe stepped down to some other kind of casual collared shirt on the other nights. Ladies in sundresses, nice slacks or capris. Really very causal vibe on board, if you wore a suit or tux you'd stick out like a sore thumb- I don't think anyone would care, but you'd be on your own;)

Thank you for all your comments. I will not pack my tux, suit or jacket. :D We did a river cruise last spring, and it sounds like the same type of dress standard. There were a few with jackets for the Captain's dinner, but most were in country club casual attire.

We will spend a week in California before flying to Tahiti. One week from right now, we will have begun our trip! :)

Gerry

Archived