Refurbished Navigator ?s

We are debating GS vs JS on Navigator in March. Will the concierge lounge be in the same interior location after its refurbished? Anyone know? We have 3 of us in the room and love size if GS but location of JSs. I am happy to have this decision :). Either room we will be happy with.

They haven't release the updated post drydock deck plans yet. The ones on the website are still the old ones which do not take into account all of the features being added.

On their website it just says:

"We’re also adding the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, and the Concierge and Diamond Lounges exclusively for suite and Crown & Anchor® Society members."

Since two lounges are on the list, my suspicion is they're constructing a new CL up in the Viking Crown along with a Diamond Lounge. Hmm...the current concierge lounge could become virtual balcony interior cabins!

Since two lounges are on the list, my suspicion is they're constructing a new CL up in the Viking Crown along with a Diamond Lounge. Hmm...the current concierge lounge could become virtual balcony interior cabins!

Now THAT would push me toward the full suite!!

When they refurbushed Mariner (same class as Navigator) they left the CL in the same place and changed the 19th hole lounge up in Viking Crown into the Diamond Lounge.

When they refurbushed Mariner (same class as Navigator) they left the CL in the same place and changed the 19th hole lounge up in Viking Crown into the Diamond Lounge.

Yes that is correct but CL qualified liked the diamond lounge better with the view and patio and outside deck and a lot of D+ and suites would go up to DL.

I can't imagine a better CL not being added or just combining the two up in Viking area.

On TA's the whole Viking space is taken over by all d and above and suites.

And at times it is full with not seating available!!!!

Yes that is correct but CL qualified liked the diamond lounge better with the view and patio and outside deck and a lot of D+ and suites would go up to DL.

I can't imagine a better CL not being added or just combining the two up in Viking area.

On TA's the whole Viking space is taken over by all d and above and suites.

And at times it is full with not seating available!!!!

I expect Mariner and Navigator to look totally different when all is said and done. The Navigator dry dock is much longer than Mariner's was, and the list of improvements is very different too.

I think they will end up doing something similar to what they've done on the smaller ships, where they create a DL and a new CL up in the Viking Crown. Let's face it...the ambience in the current CL could use some improvement!:rolleyes: I know on the Serenade the former CL is now a family suite (with a sliver of a balcony!), and they added an interior cabin right in the middle of Deck 10.:eek: I can seriously see them converting the Navigator's current CL to interior cabins.

Here's the Deck Plan for the Viking Crown on the Serenade. I predict something similar will be done on the Navigator to put both lounges up there. It's fun to speculate, but I sure would like to see some deck plans!:)

sr_deck13_v2013_apr.gif

This was posted to USA Today's travel website yesterday:

Gene Sloan, USA TODAY 5:01 a.m. EDT May 4, 2013

Industry giant Royal Caribbean only will have seven ships in Europe in 2014, not eight as originally planned, as soft demand in the region prompts the company to cut back.

The 22-vessel line this week announced that the 3,114-passenger Navigator of the Seas will remain in Galveston, Texas year-round in 2014 instead of heading to Europe for the summer.

Navigator of the Seas had been scheduled to sail seven-night Eastern Mediterranean voyages in 2014 out of Civitavecchia, Italy, near Rome.

Royal Caribbean has been cutting back steadily in Europe since last year, when it had 11 ships in the region. This year, the line will deploy nine vessels to Europe, and it originally had announced plans to send eight ships to Europe in 2014.

Navigator of the Seas will begin sailing seven-night Western Caribbean itineraries out of Galveston in November, replacing the 3,114-passenger Mariner of the Seas.

Royal Caribbean has announced that Navigator will undergo an extensive drydock overhaul in February 2014. The makeover will bring the ship a FlowRider surf simulator like the ones found on more recently launched Royal Caribbean ships as well as several new eateries and other features.

Archived