I'm frustrated....help?

happy cruzin

I spoke yesterday with my PVP - who has been VERY helpful in the past - about doing a cruise in Feb '06. I called because of the multiple emails and messages that I had received about the "big sale - with 2 category urgrades" because I am a "past guest".

The prices that he quoted are the ones available on-line - past guest or not! :eek:

He did offer a 2 category upgrade - but that does not really help because the itinerary that we were interested in does not even have any balconies available....much less ones for a category upgrade! I am shocked that there are NO balconies available for a 2/06 sailing...seems fishy to me!

Does anyone know why the lead us to believe that we- as past guests - can get discounts that really do not exsit? Seems to me this will only hurt them in the long run....as more cruisers figure it out!

I assume there are others out there with similar stories. But my real question is WHY do they do this??

Thanks for letting me vent......:rolleyes:

I spoke yesterday with my PVP - who has been VERY helpful in the past - about doing a cruise in Feb '06. I called because of the multiple emails and messages that I had received about the "big sale - with 2 category urgrades" because I am a "past guest".

The prices that he quoted are the ones available on-line - past guest or not! :eek:

He did offer a 2 category upgrade - but that does not really help because the itinerary that we were interested in does not even have any balconies available....much less ones for a category upgrade! I am shocked that there are NO balconies available for a 2/06 sailing...seems fishy to me!

Does anyone know why the lead us to believe that we- as past guests - can get discounts that really do not exsit? Seems to me this will only hurt them in the long run....as more cruisers figure it out!

I assume there are others out there with similar stories. But my real question is WHY do they do this??

Thanks for letting me vent......:rolleyes:

Which ship are you looking at? Its pretty easy to check to see if there are any balconies available.

Which ship are you looking at? Its pretty easy to check to see if there are any balconies available.

We were interested in the Liberty - Eastern. I know that it is a new ship with a unique 8 day itinerary... I'm just surprised that 8 months out the best I can get is an 6A - upgraded to a 6B!!

We were interested in the Liberty - Eastern. I know that it is a new ship with a unique 8 day itinerary... I'm just surprised that 8 months out the best I can get is an 6A - upgraded to a 6B!!

Yeah all the balconies are gone on Liberty. Its a new ship and very popular. After final payment some people might cancel.

You can check here...when there is no price it means they are all booked.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=EC1&shipCode=LI&durDays=8&subRegionCode=CE

Last week Carnival had a great sale for past guests if you picked the right ship on the right date. The next day Carnival started another sale for anyone that matched the price of the past customer sale.

Very rarely have I seen Carnival upgrade to a different type of cabin. Usually you are upgraded from one dek to a higher deck but in the same type of cabin. I suppose they probably upgraded to a different type of cabin when the cruise market was very soft 1992-1993, 2001-2002.

If you are checking the Liberty for the Eastern for February 4th..

Availabity is very low. I amsailing the week before and lots of space available. Seems people just dont want the 6 day itinerary.

(if you change your mind-- pricing is in my banner--just click onit and it will take you directly to the price.

You can also check yourself on availabilty by going to carnivals website click on fun ships. scroll down then click what ports you want to go on.. etc etc

Since the Liberty does the Eastern side only once a month... balcony cabins are gone on a lot of the sailings already.

Is it possible that another agency might have balconies available even though Carnival PVP is showing no availability? :o

I'm new to this stuff but ran into a similar situation and found an additional cabin through an online agency when my Carnival PVP said they didn't have anymore cabins.

Just a thought....

We booked a group on the Liberty in Jan.05 for Feb.4th,06 sailing. Our TA blocked out several cabins(balconies,ocean view,inside)while we were getting our group together. Carnival just recently called back the balconies cabins from being held by our cruise co. I was told that the ship is filling up and balconies usually go first. IMO, Carnival will then offer them at a much higher rate because of the ship being new and an 8 day cruise besides. I've checked into FIVE other cruise company's web sites just to see what they are asking for a balcony cabin and they all show NO balconies available..... But keep watching and checking the web sites for your cruise. I'm sure some will become available in the future only at a higher rate. Good luck !!!!! I'm sure glad we booked early so we could get the balcony cabins we wanted.... Linda;)

Hi there

I to am waiting to see if any balonies become available, I booked 2 8 day cruises on theLiberty for January / Feb an oceanview.

With the thought that a balcony becomes available and I can change my reservation. Otherwise I am going to cancel the oceanview and cruise on another ship.

:)

Is it possible that another agency might have balconies available even though Carnival PVP is showing no availability? :o

I checked a few online agencies and seeing no balconies for the cruise for february 4th.

I'm new to this stuff but ran into a similar situation and found an additional cabin through an online agency when my Carnival PVP said they didn't have anymore cabins.

Just a thought....

You might see some come available after final payments are due, but also remember there are TA's that have clients waiting on those to open up, so as soon as they appear someone will probably snatch the up. 8 day cruises on a new ship with new ports= high demand.

You also will see some come available when people upgrade, but that usually just oceanview cabins.

I just recently called about my next cruise (looking into the Western Carib for fall. . . I know I'm a little late!) and asked about specifics on the past guest deal. If still available, past guests are getting the guarantee rate, but getting a cabin assignment and 2-cat upgrade. So since I take an interior, the rep I talked to was giving me a 4C for an IS price. Non-past guests are paying for a 4A to get a 4C with the last of the 2-cat upgrade "sale" going on. Do I think I will get a spectacular deal as a past guest? No. But some of the sailings I looked at it was a $100 per person difference between IS and 4A. While I'm sure some travelers on this board are rich and think that's pathetic, I'm still paying off student loans AND a new car, so that extra $100 is golden to me. But yes, I understand what you're saying--I could still get the IS price anywhere, I just figure at least I KNOW I'm getting an upgrade now. . . no need to wait, lol.

Archived