Fantasy/Charleston SC

jrm116

When I searched for Charleston SC when "booking" a cruise, it goes only to April 2014. But Port Car. goes to April 2015. Is Carnival leaving Charleston? I'm not too far from Charleston so I'm kinda interested.

Per above ... itineraries not yet posted by Carnival that far out.

No reason to think Carnival won't have a ship going out of Charleston ... as much as many from Charleston would like to have NO cruise ships.

LuLu

~~~~

No reason to think Carnival won't have a ship going out of Charleston ... as much as many from Charleston would like to have NO cruise ships.

LuLu

~~~~

Which I don't understand and is unheard of. Any port city that doesn't have a cruise ship would LOVE to have one!

From what I know, the law suits are mostly from a bunch of liberals, and not many of them have lived in Charleston very long. There's lots of life long Chas. residents who want it. The mayor even supports it.

As a South Carolina citizen, why would you NOT want a ship? It bring MONEY. And that's very helpful in this economy.

Oh yeah, and Charleston has always been a port city.

LuLu

~~~~

Only a FEW people do not want a cruise ship in the port of Charleston, MANY people want a cruise ship in the port of Charleston. Charleston was founded as a port city, always has been a port city and always will be. Carnival will stay because they are welcomed by a large majority of Charlestonians...

I don't understand the lawsuit. Would they rather look,at a crappy looking industrial pier? The artist renderings of the cruise terminal is much better on the eyes then what is currently there. As for the fantasy 2014 schedule delay I believe it may have to do with the Fantasy future as being retired. I think carnival will replace her soon. :( a while back here on cruise critic there was a rumor that the Glory would replace her. So I guess time will only tell.

Archived