Aft cabin on the Pride

Lynneeloo

We are considering booking the Pride Sept 29th sailing and looking at the very aft cabins on deck 6. They appear to have extended balcony and thought it would be nice to sit out there and enjoy the wake of the ship. Any thoughts, positive or negative about this cabin choice.

We will arrive in Baltimore a day early to catch a Red Sox game as well. The ship will cruise to Orlando, Freeport and Nassau. We have been on Princess, NCL, RCCL and this would be our 3rd Carnival. The itinerary is different..have been to all the Carribean islands.

Thanks for your help.

We are considering booking the Pride Sept 29th sailing and looking at the very aft cabins on deck 6. They appear to have extended balcony and thought it would be nice to sit out there and enjoy the wake of the ship. Any thoughts, positive or negative about this cabin choice.

We will arrive in Baltimore a day early to catch a Red Sox game as well. The ship will cruise to Orlando, Freeport and Nassau. We have been on Princess, NCL, RCCL and this would be our 3rd Carnival. The itinerary is different..have been to all the Carribean islands.

Thanks for your help.

We love Aft cabins!! This pic is from cabin 4232 on the Pride. Your view would be two decks higher. We have an Aft wrap on our upcoming Splendor cruise. Can't wait!!!

DSC09481.JPG

Another view of the cabin...

DSC09429.JPG

We had an aft balcony on deck 7 of the Pride last September. It was very nice but we did not use it nearly enough. If you are big balcony people then I would say go for it but if you don't spend all your free time on your balcony then I don't think the price difference is really worth the difference. We used our regular balcony on the Miracle in March more and really didn't miss the extra leg room the aft offers.

Some people complain about soot on the chairs but that was not something we had a problem with. I do have to say that we felt every vibration from the engines/thrusters/azipods. I was very surprised at how strong and loud it was at times. We had a regular balcony in the aft starboard side in March and it was much less noticeable even though we were one deck lower on 6. I have seen many people mention this in their comments and some indicate it is coming through the balcony doors. We did not experience that. We had full floor/wall vibrations. Things on the vanity would wiggle across at times.

I think we ended up spending what would have normally been our "balcony" time actually doing activities on deck or napping in the cabin.

You will love the Pride though. She is a great ship!:D

We were in 6262 and loved it! With 4 sea days, we spent a lot of time out there. I don't remember any serious soot problem. If you have any motion sickness issues, be advised you can feel a lot more back there.

One of my favorite things was the absolute quiet in the corridor. Nobody goes back there but the people staying there. :cool:

We will be on that sailing and have booked our first aft wrap. We were on the Pride's sister ship the Legend in January and I can verify that there is a lot of vibration on this class of ship. It's very noticeable in the evenings when the ship speeds up. The MDR is in the aft of the ship and we noticed the tables shaking pretty bad on evenings where we had rough seas. The vibrations weren't enough to keep us from booking an aft balcony for this sailing though. If that sounds like something that may bother you then I would recommend getting a cabin closer to midship, but if it wouldn't bother you much then go for the aft!

We absolutely loved the layout of the ship and it rarely seemed crowded at all. This was a big motivating factor when we chose to sail on the Pride this September.

If you are considering an aft wrap (long balcony which wraps around the side) and love being on the balcony, this one is great! Lots of room with loungers, tables and chairs. We had this type of cabin (Vista Suite) and although we loved the balcony, I was'nt crazy about the cabin. The aft Vista Suite has lots of room and storage but for me, it was too compartmentalized. We were on deck 7 (verandah) and you DO feel the vibration. I hardly noticed that except at bedtime when we were quiet. The vibration was like a 'big momma' rocking us to sleep--loved it! :) Good luck with your decision...I've sailed on the Pride twice and am awaiting August for #3! This is a very nice ship!!:)

Thanks for the help and suggestions. We booked an aft cabin on the pride 7351!

We have been on the Miracle and Glory, and prefer the layout of the Miracle, so looking forward to the Pride. The countdown begins...

We had the aft wraparound balcony suite on deck 7 on the Pride a while back. Great cabin and balcony, but there was so much vibration, it kept me up most nights. We were with 30 or so folks and all the BV liquor was in our living room area for daily happy hours and every night I had to get up to move the bottles apart after they 'walked' together and clanked because of the vibrations all night long.

We were with 30 or so folks and all the BV liquor was in our living room area for daily happy hours and every night I had to get up to move the bottles apart after they 'walked' together and clanked because of the vibrations all night long.

You had the booze of 30 people stored in your room? And you say you saw the bottles walking together? Party on sister!!

Back to the topic. We've had 5 or 6 aft cabins on different Spirit class ships. Deck 4 (our first choice) has the deepest balconies with a full overhang (can't look down on you). Side partitions are verticle so it's not easy to peak around the corner. Laundry room on the port corner.

Also has access to stairway down to deck three.

I enjoy the little bit of vibration and motion back there.

Now getting back to all that booze..........

You had the booze of 30 people stored in your room? And you say you saw the bottles walking together? Party on sister!!

Back to the topic. We've had 5 or 6 aft cabins on different Spirit class ships. Deck 4 (our first choice) has the deepest balconies with a full overhang (can't look down on you). Side partitions are verticle so it's not easy to peak around the corner. Laundry room on the port corner.

Also has access to stairway down to deck three.

I enjoy the little bit of vibration and motion back there.

Now getting back to all that booze..........

That would have been nice if that was the problem, but it wasn't. The movement/vibration actually made a couple in our group seasick when they were there and couldn't regularly join the happy hours. I actually laid some of the bottles down on the carpet so they wouldn't move around at night and even shut the door between the bedroom and living room!

Thanks for your help.

slightly off topic but we did the baseball game pre-cruise in Baltimore last month, if you havnt booked your hotel yet I suggest the Sleep Inn at BWI. Read my review (link below) which will explain why its very convenient. Have fun!

We had an aft once on Pride. We experienced soot on a daily basis. It was a pain having to wipe of the chairs to enjoy it, and some fell on us while we were sitting out there. I know this isn't always an issue, but it was enough for us to not want to repeat.

In 2008 we had a wraparound suite on the Legend thanks to a free upgrade. We had Aft balcony cabins, portside on the Miracle in 2009 and on the Pride in 2010. Prior to 2008 we always booked mid-ship balcony cabins, but since 2008, we always book Aft. We had to cancel a cruise in February of this year, and that cabin was Aft on the Upper Deck of the Pride. In all of our Aft cabins, we never experienced vibration. Even in the wraparound suite we had a tiny bit of soot one day, but that's about it.

We had an aft wrap in both the Pride and Legend and loved them both. Aft is our favorite but we rarely get them now since we book later and later now and they are always booked. Not only do I like the view but there is rarely any wind. Never had soot or cigarette butts.

We just got back from a cruise on the Pride and had an aft wrap on the Panorama deck. Had a slight amout of soot on a couple of the deck chairs but had more in the Serenity area on the Lido deck.

The view is great and very little wind. We enjoyed the room layout. I could watch sports in the living room while the wife was snoozing or watching a movie in the bedroom

We love Aft cabins!! This pic is from cabin 4232 on the Pride. Your view would be two decks higher. We have an Aft wrap on our upcoming Splendor cruise. Can't wait!!!

DSC09481.JPG

Another view of the cabin...

DSC09429.JPG

We were in 4229.....no issues sorry no pics to show.

Archived