What does a cruise director do?

fatpug

I always thought that the Cruise Director was the person in charge of reminding me of all the things to avoid stumbling into on the ship, inversely related to his or her level of enthusiasm.

Hi,

I recently returned from a cruise on the Carnival Elation with cruise director Jeff Bronson. He was on the TV channels and ran a couple of shows (marriage show, variety show, etc. ) but I NEVER saw him walking around the ship.

On my carnival cruise last year on Destiny the cruise director Noonan was everywhere....

The two ships were completely different on how the cruise director managed them. Which approach is typical for carnival? What are they supposed to do to help you enjoy the cruise?

I have been on 20 Carnival cruises and have never seen a CD. I don't do the shows though.

I have been on 19 Carnival cruises and I can tell you the names of 5 Directors because they were everywhere. 4 of them were great and one I remember because of how irritating she was who will remain nameless. The names of the 4 were John Heald, Malcolm Buse, Todd Wittmore, and Jamie Dunn..... Also one Assistant stood out Hiya James Dunn.....

Hi,

I recently returned from a cruise on the Carnival Elation with cruise director Jeff Bronson. He was on the TV channels and ran a couple of shows (marriage show, variety show, etc. ) but I NEVER saw him walking around the ship.

On my carnival cruise last year on Destiny the cruise director Noonan was everywhere....

The two ships were completely different on how the cruise director managed them. Which approach is typical for carnival? What are they supposed to do to help you enjoy the cruise?

Usually, they make a lot of loud annoying announcements over the PA. LOL:D

Archived