Question about interior room overlooking the promenade

First of all, let me say that I am new to RCL. We are planning a trip on the Freedom of the Seas in March and although on Carnival we always have a balcony room, we can't afford that on RCL, so we're thinking. About an interior that overlooks the Promenade. One concern is how much noise will there be. Has someone had this type of room before, and if so, can you tell me if there was much noise? How was the size of the room? Thanks for any info. We are excited to try the Freedom.

I had it once and will book it everytime. You get to see the parades, the Captain's speech and so much more without having to be down in the crowd. Certain ones have extra perks. We were just above the pizza shop so was real convenient to run down the stairs and grab some. Size seemed a bit bigger than other inside cabins, maybe it was because of the window.

We had a promenade room on the Explorer and never really heard anything. Tried to watch a parades from out room once but couldn't appreciate it because the music was so faint. Never heard anything at other times.

The room felt much bigger than a regular interior. You get a full size couch (if you aren't in a connecting room) and the added space and seating of a window seat with a bay-type glass window. The bed also faces the side of the room instead of the door. Felt spacious and was much more practical.

This fall we are trying a promenade room facing onto Central Park on the Allure and imagine the view, especially at night, must be far more interesting than a oceanview cabin would give us.

Outside of a balcony, where you can enjoy the fresh air and sea smell (hopefully not the smoke from the next room), oceanview and insides even with a view tend to make you want to get out and participate more in ship activities. With a promenade room you can watch people doing things below and it makes you want to get out there and do them, too.

I think you will be surprised at how nice these rooms are and enjoy the time you spend in yours. You made a good choice for your money, better I think than for a more expensive oceanview. RCI actually categorizes the Central Park promenade rooms on Allure as exterior.

Have a great time and feel free to ask away with any other questions you might have. It's been a few years since we had this type of room, but I'll try to remember the best I can. I do remember enough good things that we are booking one again.

I forgot to tell you that the Royal Promenade changes its lighting from sunrise to sundown, so you always have a sense of time. Insides can almost seem like closets unless you are watching the TV channel from the bridge.

I think those virtual balcony displays on the new RCI Sunshine class are going to give the same sense to space and time. But unless there are virtual boats of people partying passing by in the display, the promenade rooms will still be much more interesting.

First of all, let me say that I am new to RCL. We are planning a trip on the Freedom of the Seas in March and although on Carnival we always have a balcony room, we can't afford that on RCL, so we're thinking. About an interior that overlooks the Promenade. One concern is how much noise will there be. Has someone had this type of room before, and if so, can you tell me if there was much noise? How was the size of the room? Thanks for any info. We are excited to try the Freedom.

Freedom is an amazing ship !

See if you can get room 6305 the Ben and Jerry Sweet) as you will get free ice cream and concierge lounge access !

I too have had a PR room. During the parties and parades we heard the bass of the music. That was rather faint. We loved the room. Just keep your blinds closed when you are changing, the rooms across the way are direct, and they can see what you are doing.

we've just had a Promenade room for the first time. Really liked it and would book again.

we had 6275 - opposite the Dog & Badger. was slightly noisy during the 70s Disco night but that was all finished by 11.00pm. Otherwise hardly heard anything at all. great window seat for people watching!!

As said above, keep your curtains closed if you have the light on (the man opposite us should have remembered that :eek:). However if you keep your lights off there are nets at the windows and you get plenty of light from the Promenade to enable you to move around, dress etc.

Go for it!!

Totally agree with the other posters...very nice rooms and very little, if any noise from below. It was a lot of fun to watch the parades from that viewpoint. We loved that the promenade cafe was so close for drinks and snacks. We were on the 8th floor. I imagine those on 6 may be a bit noisier!

Lauri

Had a promenade on Indy and loved it! The only time I heard anything was if the parade was going on, and then it was very muffled. I was at toward the end near the atrium, so I even got sunlight :D.

Lydia

I had a promenade room 8591 on the Explorer and would definitely have another. As above, some noise when the parades are on but I'm talking minimal and they don't last long anyway. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367916561.801245.jpg.512aa29ff034aca90444a7a8c78ff6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367916495.592675.jpg.da068b5fc34afcb360c5f67391fcd14b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367916512.632308.jpg.b0c9ddb8a9d90fe3d98790a83429c41b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367916533.692620.jpg.c43f5e49ce2f0ffe9d367534cf8d3442.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367916549.524995.jpg.abd36817b203539784caff846a55320b.jpg

Thank you so much to those of you who answered my question! We just booked the Ben and Jerry Sweet after seeing the video that someone posted. We are really excited to try it. We have always had balconys on Carnival and were disappointed to realize that we wouldn't be able to afford that one RCCL. However, this room looks so cute and does have some perks that we can't wait. Do any of you have any suggestions of thins not to be missed while on the Freedom? Thanks for all your advise!

We were on deck 8 of AoS above "Dog and Duck" could barely hear anything even during parades (We slept thru first one!)

We booked on AoS for "Spain and Canaries 29th Sept 2013" Deck 6, also above pub but nearer to promenade bridge, while we were on board so not concerned about noise.

Pete and Michelle :)

Archived