Carnival and Dominican Republic?

ShanteS

The itens for the Breeze right now are going to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk (I think), and DR. My family and I wanted to sail this iten in August but the price was a little steep so we chose the Valor instead. Anyways, we wanted to do it next year but now it looks like they've taken DR off. :( We were excited to sail this particular iten because most of us have never been to these particular islands. Is Carnival not sailing to DR anymore?

The itens for the Breeze right now are going to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk (I think), and DR. My family and I wanted to sail this iten in August but the price was a little steep so we chose the Valor instead. Anyways, we wanted to do it next year but now it looks like they've taken DR off. :( We were excited to sail this particular iten because most of us have never been to these particular islands. Is Carnival not sailing to DR anymore?

Cruising during August to go to particular ports is not a wise decision.

If the area is hit with a hurricane your cruise could be rerouted elsewhere.

August/Sept are prime time Hurricane months.

I wouldn't make any assumptions until the full schedules for 2014 have been released. Currently the Freedom goes there but its schedule only goes to April 2014.

OIC well I'll just wait and see. Hopefully it gets added back on there because I'd love to see Dominican Republic. I've heard great things about it.

Cruising during August to go to particular ports is not a wise decision.

If the area is hit with a hurricane your cruise could be rerouted elsewhere.

August/Sept are prime time Hurricane months.

Well my family and I have only ever done cruises in August. It works out best for everyone in our group as far as school schedules for the kids and vacation time for the adults. We've had our run ins with hurricanes but it's never affected our cruise experience a great deal, we're just happy to be on a cruise. If we get rerouted or miss a port it wouldn't be the first time it's happened to us. ;)

i'm looking at the Sunshine for March '14 and it is going to DR.

Archived