NEW Decide Later Open Booking Program

It started out with......

The only thing I see different from Next Cruise Certificate, is the limit or 3 per C&A person.

My response was........

The limit of 3 per C&A Member has been in place since sometime last year.

How would they know? Seriously, I would pick up two each cruise, especially hoarding them between Nov and Feb. Clearly I had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than 3 at any given time.

We both needed to clarify!!:p

I think Patti means you can purchase a max of 3 NC certificates per cruise.

You are correct.:D

I know the onboard book is not anything "NEW" (I have purchased many in the past) I should have put "UPDATED as of March 16, 2013" but this is new info for me that came direct from C&A and I thought i would share what they sent me. I have seen info on the board but nothing officially from C&A as in a Email. Sorry for any confusion.:(

Does the new program still require just $100 deposit?

The deposit is $100 per person listed on the certificate, and sometimes they are not explicit about telling you that you only need one person on the certificate. Just tell them up front you only want one person listed.

I know the onboard book is not anything "NEW" (I have purchased many in the past) I should have put "UPDATED as of March 16, 2013" but this is new info for me that came direct from C&A and I thought i would share what they sent me. I have seen info on the board but nothing officially from C&A as in a Email. Sorry for any confusion.:(

No problem and no confusion. Accurate information, like you've posted, is always welcomed here on the boards. As you said, if you had used the word "updated" it might have come across better.

Just a word of caution..........C&A doesn't always get it right. :D

Does anyone know if the shared OBC from the old program is grandfathered? Our travel companions bought one back in the day and linked us to their reservation for our cruise in February. Not like it's a deal breaker, but we'd obviously like the OBC. And if we get it, is it combinable with shareholder OBC?

Can you tell me if there are others benefits to purchasing the certificates besides an on board credit on the future cruise? Newbie here and I had been wondering the benefit of putting money out while on board. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the shared OBC from the old program is grandfathered? Our travel companions bought one back in the day and linked us to their reservation for our cruise in February. Not like it's a deal breaker, but we'd obviously like the OBC. And if we get it, is it combinable with shareholder OBC?

If your booking was made within 30 days of when your travel companions first assigned a cruise to their NC, then you are eligible for the OBC. However, the OBC from booking on board (or Friends & Family OBC) is not combinable with the shareholder OBC. .

Can you tell me if there are others benefits to purchasing the certificates besides an on board credit on the future cruise? Newbie here and I had been wondering the benefit of putting money out while on board. Thanks.

No other benefits besides a reduced deposit and on board credit for the future cruise.

The Stockholder benefit gives a slightly higher OBC for any given cruise than the Next Cruise. But, with the Next Cruise, you can also have the balcony discount or Savings Certificate with it. If you are getting a balcony cabin, the Next Cruise is the best deal. If you are getting an non-balcony cabin, perhaps the Stockholder benefit would be better. You have to choose, can't have both.

I guess that's why they used "new" and not "improved". Removing the friends/family benefit means it's really not very attractive.

It's actually more attractive now because you can create a NC bookings for family and friends, they will get the same benefits as if they were on board and they can book any cruise/sailing date/itinerary that they want to.

Another newbie here, but extremely intrigued at the possibility of reducing deposits for future cruises. This is my wife's first cruise so only time will tell whether she likes it, hates it.........or simply LOVES IT like I do. We are doing a Grand Suite on FOS, so I tend to lean towards her LOVING IT!!!!

Regardless, I need clarification. I am able to put down $100 towards a future cruise using this program. Is that the deposit? I keep reading about a "reduced deposit", but is this the deposit? In other words, we are looking at the possibility of doing a TA in May, 2014. If I were to book today, I am looking at a deposit of roughly $1500 for another GS. But, with this program, is that deposit reduced to the $100?

I'm sure I'm making this way more difficult than is necessary. Please advise. Thanks!

Another newbie here, but extremely intrigued at the possibility of reducing deposits for future cruises. This is my wife's first cruise so only time will tell whether she likes it, hates it.........or simply LOVES IT like I do. We are doing a Grand Suite on FOS, so I tend to lean towards her LOVING IT!!!!

Regardless, I need clarification. I am able to put down $100 towards a future cruise using this program. Is that the deposit? I keep reading about a "reduced deposit", but is this the deposit? In other words, we are looking at the possibility of doing a TA in May, 2014. If I were to book today, I am looking at a deposit of roughly $1500 for another GS. But, with this program, is that deposit reduced to the $100?

I'm sure I'm making this way more difficult than is necessary. Please advise. Thanks!

Unfortunately, the reduced deposit benefit of the Next Cruise certificate does not apply to full suites, which are Grand Suites or better. You would still get the OBC, but not the reduced deposit.

That's what I was afraid of Bob. Like I said, it will likely be hard to step down once I've introduced my wife to the suite life!

But, on the remote chance that I give to a friend, help me understand the reduced deposit benefit for the other types of Staterooms. Is that a significant reduction?

The reduced deposit applies at the time of creation and stays that way until conversion. Once you convert your cabin category will then determine if your deposit remains at $100pp or if you have to pay a double deposit because you have booked a GS or higher cabin category.

That's what I was afraid of Bob. Like I said, it will likely be hard to step down once I've introduced my wife to the suite life!

But, on the remote chance that I give to a friend, help me understand the reduced deposit benefit for the other types of Staterooms. Is that a significant reduction?

Yes, it's a significant reduction for cruises of 6 days or longer. For 6-9 day cruises, the normal deposit is $250 per person. For 10+ day cruises, the normal deposit is $450 per person. These numbers are doubled for full suites.

Is that charged towards your Sea Pass? What if you have OBC? Can it be used for the down payment?

Unfortunately, no. You cannot use your Seapass card/OBC to buy a NCC. Credit card or debit card only. They wont even take cash.

I just used a NC to book a cruise and the ID # on the paperwork was no good. The C&A guy looked for around 10 min and found the info by searching our name, the ID # in their system was nothing like the one given to us on the ship last Dec.. Anyway it worked out. I do not have a clue what's going on with their system and the guy I talked to had no idea either. Be prepared with your paper work when you call.